New whip: EcoBOOOOOOOOOOOOOST Edition

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Well the dealer tried to stand fast, and claim that 1. they did not perform the recall fix (despite referencing the work) and 2. that one of my wheels has its finish chipping along the lip which points to it being curbed and possibly damaging the rack. (or maybe a shitty tire shop? :jerkit: )

The service writer refused to release the car after the steering gear was fixed, as he stated he couldn't because it required a 4 wheel alignment. Part of the recall fix is .6 hour for adjustment of toe. So they charged me for a 4 wheel alignment when only the toe on the front wheels would have needed to be done, and done for free under the recall.

The service manager denied anyone would've told me I couldn't take my car. I told him they absolutely did, and to talk to my service writer who told this to me. He called me back 30 minutes, tail between his legs, asking me what he can do to fix this as the service writer did in fact inform me I couldn't take my car without a 4 wheel full alignment service. Stopping by for a full refund of the $145 (seriously!? $145 for a fucking alignment) I paid.

Won't be going back to that dealership for service. Don't usually, but was in a pinch as my normal dealer was closed when I needed to bring my car in.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
im interested to hear how it goes when they get mounted... most tire shop places i talked to said to get the tires mounted, then dip the wheels when i was gonna do it.

YA, that is gonna get TORE UP when they put the tires on.

think of this as a test run.

when i did mine, i got a deck of cards, and put the cards between the tire and the rim. sprayed the hell out of it, then pulld the cards out while the dip was still wet.

Discount Tire in Mt Prospect did me right. Only one little nick (1/2”) on one wheel. I like how it all turned out

dwzirEJ.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Discount Tire in Mt Prospect did me right. Only one little nick (1/2”) on one wheel. I like how it all turned out

dwzirEJ.jpg

:bigthumb:

getchyo window tinted.

That was the plan, along with the front chrome grill bars and rear appliqué. Was going to have some wrap all of that in gloss black

i don't think that's all that necessary... id tint your window and go from there. that's throwing it off more than those few chrome tidbits.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yeah, everyone that's looked at that pictures says the same thing, get those windows tinted...may have to make an appointment sooner rather than later.

I'll have to see about the other bits. I almost definitely want to do the rear applique, the trim I can take or leave, and I'm still wishy washy about the grill. I would've liked to do the Titanium grill, but ~$2k isn't going to happen, and I'm not sure how the current grill will turn out.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I concur with KJ, windows and then move forward. I'm amazed DT only messed up that much. They literally destroy my stuff and I am done going there because of it.

I was ready for the worst, with what everyone said. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a new DT for me too. I usually go to the one in Palatine, but Mt. Prospect is less out of the way, for my way home.

Thread Info