New whey protein brand: Rule 1 Proteins

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Major thanks to everybody for their feedback and FB likes! Please keep them coming! And don't be afraid to post on the page, too. :D I just posted the October Muscular Development article where they named the Rule 1 Protein "Muscle Builder of the Month". We were shocked they'd give a new brand the time of day, much less a rave review. We're pretty pumped about that.... :drums:

So I just got done with the protein shake. I noticed immediately after drinking it that I had way more vascularity and my biceps grew by 1.5". AMAZING!

....probably has more to do with the Sustanon you're on. :D

I received my samples today as well. I also use syntha-6 as my preworkout and dymatize elite gourmet as my post and night shake.

I actually think Syntha-6 is a decent product. It just serves a different purpose . It has 6 different sources of protein, including milk and casein, which means it will digest significantly slower than pure whey. It also has good fats and carbs purposely added to it, which slows absorption down even further. This works well for the rest of the day, or even before bed (the small amount of fat and carbs shouldn't be a problem if you're working out, unless you're dieting for a show) but for pre, intra or post-workout, you want quick digestion. There's some debate on the exact time frame, but there's a window of somewhere around 30 min to an hour after your workout where your body is trying to pump nutrients into the muscle cells and tissue to immediately start the repair process for the damage you just did. This means any proteins/aminos in your blood stream during this period are being shuttled in better, so you want a protein that digests and absorbs quickly and easily to take advantage of that increased blood flow as much as possible. That's why straight whey is the preferred form of protein anywhere near workout time.

No gas or bloating from my tummy after this protein. :)

I should hope not. That's one of the major benefits of using whey isolate or hydrolysate. No lactose.

it doesn't taste that bad if you add fruits and one scoop of ice cream lol.

Fruits are OK (the insulin spike from the natural sugars will actually help the uptake of the protein), but why would you add ice cream to a protein shake?

me im not going to spend bunches of $$ for a brand name protein when you can buy cheaper brand that does the same job.

It's not a matter of name-brand vs. cheaper brand. It's a matter of being able to read the label and know/understand what you're getting. Otherwise, you can say that about anything. For example, you could also say the water from your toilet does the same job of hydrating your body for free as some "expensive" filtered bottled water.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
damn i can't believe you still going at me. im not ripping on your product. just that i would rather not spend lot of $$ for a brand name but rather do cheaper at walmart.

all proteins are not created equal....

Walmart protein is cheap for a reason!

Eating whole foods is 100x better than anything out of a can. With the diet most people eat, a protein supplement isn't going to do shit for you anyways and the difference in quality will be negligible. If you are a strict with diet, the blend, micro and macro nutrient sources and quality is going to make a difference.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
I totally agreed with everything you said. I get all the vitiams and protein from whole food. The body fortress protein is little extra I take to balance out protein if I didn't have enough for my daily intake. Yeah its probably not everybody choice brand but why not if it save money. Oh and I really disagree with SOME other people that said they go to the gym but still look the same (out of shape) all year bashing on cheap protein brand.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
I think you're taking it the wrong way... That's all. Gasoline is all gasoline too but I prefer to spend the few cents extra and get shell brand fuels compared to whatever is coming out of the pump at say... An independent or a speedway.

It's all choice, for some a little extra cash for piece of mind is worth it, for some it's a waste. No big deal. For me, I'd like to think that it's worth a little more to insure I'm getting a better product for my body as I spare no expense for my cars fuel ( within reason) or oil...

Look forward to my samples ..

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
lol im not taking it wrong way. it's all in the your workout on building muscles. yeah with protein intake and whole food they will help. huh i wonder how did joe weider, charles atlas, and some of them old timers got their muscles i know for sure they did run to the super market and buy a bottle of protein drink. well im done with all i have to say about this ending protein thread, but here is a couple days old pic of me on body fortress intake. i think my cheapo protein does me wonder and im going to continue using it...yeahhh!

here's a several months old pic on Five stars creatine.....of course from walmart. damn my lats need some work. triceps still look good tho.

Welp...looks like Cutler went down in flames for (possibly) his last competition, just like Coleman a few years back. Phil Heath gets the 3-peat!

Speaking of Coleman, I didn't get to see the contest, but while I was heading out of the convention center after set up going back to my hotel room to change for the expo, I saw Ronnie coming into the center. Also saw Dennis Wolf at the expo on Saturday. BTW, the expo was nuts. A LOT of work, and it was non-stop. Still, despite running around like mad men, we had a lot of fun, too. Posted a few pics on the FB page.

Oh, did I mention we're doing a little contest for a free jug of protein? :D
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...18904617465.1073741829.478298875599468&type=1

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Oops. Sorry, deviant. Didn't see this till now.

No, unfortunately there wasn't enough activity or interaction from here to justify it. However, we've been running a special on the proteins since Black Friday that includes a free shaker cup with every order, and a free t-shirt to the first 10 orders each day (was 25 shirts on BF). Honestly, anything I'd be approved to do wouldn't get any better than that anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...465.1073741829.478298875599468&type=1&theater

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info