New Smoker v. Grilla

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I went a picked up my new smoker today! It is a Grilla brand Grilla Alpha smoker with their dual controller. Essentially one setting is for precise cooking temps and the other is their algorithm with a small temp swing built in to create more smoke and flavor.

I got a cover from them and their competition blend pellets to start and see how I like them. So far it smells like a nice blend.

I am seasoning it now and then doing a beer can smoked chicken in a couple hours. Freaking pumped.

Intial review is the grill was packaged very well and transported to me in great shape. This is a heavy sucker and built like a tank. All non stainless surfaces have a nice thick powder coat on them. Internals are all stainless steel including the burn pot. It is sleeved for insulation and cooler weather cooking eliminating blankets.

There is a nice service panel in the back to get to all of the components if they need servicing. 4 year warranty out of the box as well. The design is on point to keep the smoke circulating inside the cooker and smoke vents out the side of the lid. Also for fun they have their logo by the burn pot to see a flame while cooking. Pretty cool feature IMO.

20200313_150950.jpg

20200313_150716.jpg

20200313_150807.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Just got done with the initial burn in. Hand picture to give the size some perspective. They have a top rack extension I might get down the road. But, ultimately it is just two of us and I doubt we max this out. They have bigger grills in a different style if you guys have large cookouts. As it is, I could fit 2 briskets on this as it sits

20200313_163214.jpg

20200313_163225.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Lava lamp pellet grill? Whats the grate size 22"?

It appears to be a 21" bottom grate. Function leads to form on this one. It is built to be similar to a convection style design so there are no hot spots. Smoke is circulated around the food to get a good smoke flavor.

Beer can chicken came out amazing. Crispy skin, good smoke flavor, juicy everywhere and a nice spice from the green chili rub. I pulled it when the probe said 160 and that seemed to work well. I will be doing some turkey breast later today.

20200313_185858.jpg

20200313_190642.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info