New ride, 05 Magnum RT

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
How big of a pita is the front end stuff to do? My brother in laws srt8 needs it all as well
It's really time consuming. The lower control arm is kind of annoying, because you have to take the sway bar off to get to the bolt at the chassis. The tension struts wouldn't break loose from the knuckle either without some heat and a big hammer. Also, my lower ball joints wouldn't budge with the C-clamp style press. Had to take then to a shop.

I'm really happy with the results though. I had a knocking noise from the driver side front wheel when reversing. I think it was either the tension strut or the lower control arm bushing. It's gone now though, but everything has been replaced except the tie-rods and the passenger lower control arm now. It was still good. I'm sitting around 127k mileage wise.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
Updates:

Painted and installed eyelids.

IMAG1722_zpszg4rwk9y.jpg

IMAG1723_zpsq0ujmt1h.jpg

IMAG1720_zpsti05xajl.jpg

IMAG1726_zpsbinfrl1s.jpg

IMAG1732_zpslxzmkrkt.jpg

Also got a custom cat-back. Magnaflow muffler P/N 11386 straight to the tips. I need to get the piping redone, they rushed it and it sits too low at the moment. Scrapes constantly over big bumps. I'll get better pics one of these days.

IMAG1716_zpscoxpujj8.jpg

Thread Info