New GT5 info

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
oh geez. were you using controller or wheel? keep in mind the totally stock car has like no traction control on and some kind of sport tires on it, not r-comps. and is rwd. it's trying to actually force you to behave and drive better. some differences i have felt between gt5 pro and gt5 demo (neither of which i have played much nor am very good at):
if half your wheels are in the grass and half on the road and you brake while going straight, i don't think prologue does much to you, whereas demo will punish you (at least with that traction control off)
in prologue i have been fairly binary with the throttle; full on full off a lot of the time. in demo i found myself having to go more halfsies while rounding tighter turns and easing into the throttle while coming out of them.
lots of gas or brake in turns in demo = punishment, which is a lot more realistic.

Ehh, controller. I dont have a fancy schmancy driving wheel. :hs:

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I managed a 1:39.9 w a controller, its 4 seconds off the best so its not that great. it is possible to drive the car though even with a controller. I think you'd have more prescision w the wheel and pedals though and im sure the top guy has those. As far as gt5 being any good? I just hope the selection of cars isn't a bunch of repeat GTRs and useless civics and silvias. Trans am and 03-04 cobra is all they really need to put in there, but I have a feeling they're going to leave those two cars out. other than that, the graphics are going to be good enough, the game plays like it should, and theres a lot of variety, theres no reason why this wont be any good.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I managed a 1:39.9 w a controller, its 4 seconds off the best so its not that great. it is possible to drive the car though even with a controller. I think you'd have more prescision w the wheel and pedals though and im sure the top guy has those. As far as gt5 being any good? I just hope the selection of cars isn't a bunch of repeat GTRs and useless civics and silvias. Trans am and 03-04 cobra is all they really need to put in there, but I have a feeling they're going to leave those two cars out. other than that, the graphics are going to be good enough, the game plays like it should, and theres a lot of variety, theres no reason why this wont be any good.

the real only reason this game wont be good is cause alot of people think forza is the end all of racing games and cant allow another game to be within 100 yards of their forza. i personally can and will enjoy both games and not nit pick it to no end. i dont care if its on so and so system or made by so and so company. a good game is a good game no matter if its on the dreaded ps3 or not.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
this is kind of turning into a joke now :ugh:

January 12, 2010 - Citing "production-related matters" the much anticipated racing title from Polyphony Digital will no longer be shipping this coming March in Japan.

Reuters is reporting Sony has delayed the release of Gran Turismo 5 to an unspecified date, which the company plans to update in the future.

Sony had yet to announce release dates for North American and European territories, but this news certainly doesn't bode well for fans anticipating a March worldwide release.

IGN has contacted SCEA for additional comment and info. We'll keep you updated.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:bowrofl:
Guess what? Puxatony Phil saw his shadow and Sony announced another delay for Gran Turismo 5 in the same week. Oh, the irony. In an interview with Spanish site Canarias Al Dia, CEO of Sony Entertainment Portugal James Armstrong reportedly revealed another disappointing delay for the highly anticipating driving simulation game. Armstrong allegedly said Sony is aiming to have GT5 on store shelves before Christmas, and that the "priority is to make this game with the best quality as possible." Does this mean that Sony and Polyphony Digital are struggling to work out bugs before the all-too-important game is unleashed on the consumer? It sure sounds that way.

If you're at all like us, you're wondering by now whether GT5 will ever see the light of day. The highly hyped, multi-format racing game was supposed to be released in the fall of 2009, then in March of 2010. Now we're talking sometime before December. Note to Sony and Polyphony Digital: Don't publish truck loads of teasers, videos and screen shots more than a year in advance of the big kid console version of the game finds its way onto store shelves. It's just mean.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Eat it, Armstrong

panda.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info