Site Sponsor New forum sponsor JG Mechanical Service (HVAC)

General Information

1700164066833.png

Hey TCG!

I think at this point most of you have seen me around these parts or have even met in person. I've been active on TCG since 2007.

I recently opened up a business on the side of my day gig for service, installation and maintenance of residential and light commercial HVAC. I’ve already done work for a handful of people on TCG and I’m hoping to do more.

Some of the work I can handle for you:

• Seasonal AC or heating maintenance
  • Free quotes for furnace/AC/heat pump replacement
  • Emergency(ish) service (my availability is nights and weekends)
  • Garage heaters
  • Mini split AC/Heat pumps
  • Whole house humidifiers
  • Whole house dehumidifiers
  • Range hood, bath fan, or dryer venting
  • Commercial rooftop units

I’ve been in the trade for 17 years and have worked on everything from basic residential equipment to the largest of commercial boilers and chillers. If it heats, cools, dehumidifies or ventilates, I’ve likely had my hands on it.

I’m always happy to work through troubleshooting or answer questions FOR FREE here or over the phone.

Feel free to tag me in a thread, PM, text, call or email me with anything you need.
-Jared

(630) 981-4505
[email protected]

Pricing:

Anything 30-49 miles from 60491, add $25
Anything 50+ miles from 60491, add $50. Some of the far work I may turn down unless it’s enough to keep me busy for the day.

-Heating or AC maintenance $150 first system, $100 for any additional. I can grab you a new filter or humidifier pad to change while I’m there at no markup on those. Just let me know what you’ve got.

-Service call $100 to roll the truck and $90/hr labor. 1hr minimum. Parts are extra.

-Anything installed that we can figure out details over the phone with photos:

if I furnish the equipment and supplies, I can give you a firm price, barring anything unforeseen when the work happens which we can talk about at that time.

If YOU furnish the equipment and supplies it’s Time ($90/hr), $50 truck fee for incidental materials (screws, tape, wire nuts, etc) and I can give you a ballpark number of hours I think the job will take.

-AC/Furnace replacement, free estimates with a range of options.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I have been wanting to do a humidifier, but it's pretty tight , does it look like it's possible?
OffshoreDrilling OffshoreDrilling

View attachment 182364
What’s the width of the furnace, 14”? 99% sure I could get an Aprilaire 500 series on the supply above the evaporator coil and 90* right into the round return drop with a saddle tap.

Condo? Townhome? Water source nearby in the room? Assuming water heater is just to the right in the picture.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
What’s the width of the furnace, 14”? 99% sure I could get an Aprilaire 500 series on the supply above the evaporator coil and 90* right into the round return drop with a saddle tap.

Condo? Townhome? Water source nearby in the room? Assuming water heater is just to the right in the picture.
Yes, furnace is 14", right next to the furnace is a laundry sink and then the water heater. Yes it's a townhouse/condo. What's the ballpark price for this? Located on the far west side of elgin, just west of randall and 20. You can PM if you want.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yes, furnace is 14", right next to the furnace is a laundry sink and then the water heater. Yes it's a townhouse/condo. What's the ballpark price for this? Located on the far west side of elgin, just west of randall and 20. You can PM if you want.
I’ll get a number together and shoot you a PM.

Is that room on the ground floor?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm in for a combo deal / day with any other NW burb member.
Would like to make it worth Jared's time even though I offered full pay + mileage and a wash on the Prius and he still was more worried about my out of pocket expense.
Whats the combo deal?
I'm in the NW burbs and would be in for a heater maintenance, can also look at my whole house humidfier.
I think the guy that installed it had me buy one too damn big. I cant even turn that fucker on level 1 in the winter without condensation thru out the whole house

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Whats the combo deal?
I'm in the NW burbs and would be in for a heater maintenance, can also look at my whole house humidfier.
I think the guy that installed it had me buy one too damn big. I cant even turn that fucker on level 1 in the winter without condensation thru out the whole house

I think if multiple people in a 'general' area schedule him on the same day, it saves him multiple trips to boofoo.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'd rather support an OG who is hustling even if it costs me more money.
you get what you pay for.
I'm 53 miles away from Home base
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC
Agreed! Spend your money with people you know
I support friends/family first and foremost, fuck using companies with people I dont know over friends/family.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I’d be interested in getting my furnace a check up and figure out what ever the annoying rattling noise is inside the furnace. Maybe DEEZUZ DEEZUZ would in interested too
$150 for the maintenance call + $50 for distance. Lemme know!

Find a neighbor or friend that wants some work or another TCG guy and I’ll knock the $50 off

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
OffshoreDrilling OffshoreDrilling if you head out west/northwest and include Shawn’s place, let me know. I’m in Carol Stream, about 12-15 minutes south of Shawn. I could also go for a furnace check/clean. I can PM its details. Wouldn’t need any filters, but might need a humidifier pad. I do need to see if the humidifier solenoid works. It likes to seize up, but they’re cheap.

Everything should be in good shape, but I would like the peace of mind that it gets a clean bill of health for the winter.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Thread Info