New Assignment and Promotion - Moving to St. Louis, need recommendations!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
fuck could you imagine the FUCKING SNOWFLAKE OUTRAGE had that scene come out in a new movie nowadays?!

What cracks me up is that any time there is a commercial with a burglar or thief, it is always a white male. I can only imagine the backlash if they portrayed a non-white person as a criminal.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We used to go every year when I was a kid and I almost moved out there myself 10 years ago. Kirkwood and Webster Grove are next to each other and both beautiful. Probably nicer than just about anything Chicago has to offer. I also liked Fenton and St Charles.

You'll love it. It's like a slower Chicago with more scenery.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Congrats and Good Luck

We used to go every year when I was a kid and I almost moved out there myself 10 years ago. Kirkwood and Webster Grove are next to each other and both beautiful. Probably nicer than just about anything Chicago has to offer. I also liked Fenton and St Charles.

I remember the going away dinner I planned for you.... :drums:

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John

I'll check out Fenton and Webster Grove - thanks for the recs!

Congrats on the promotion!

Thanks! Have spent 5 years as a Captain, glad to move to the next level.

kmastl

Mar 16, 2011
As a St. Louis county resident I suggest studying this map:

2018 St. Louis area homicide map | Special Features | stltoday.com

However, there are some great neighborhoods next to the worst areas. There are a lot of small municipalities around the airport and there are often speed traps. Unless you are set on wanting to live in the city the "west county" communities may be your best bet. Fenton may be a bit of a pain if you are driving to the airport during rush hour.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Congrats on the promotion and thanks for serving!

It's fun to go up in the arch during a Card's game (if they haven't built a new stadium since I was there years ago). Interesting view of the park.

Missouri drivers don't slow down for hills or curves. I had a rental minivan and had to keep stepping on the gas to stay up with traffic.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Congrats on promotion Sir!!

Thanks, appreciate it.

As a St. Louis county resident I suggest studying this map:

2018 St. Louis area homicide map | Special Features | stltoday.com

However, there are some great neighborhoods next to the worst areas. There are a lot of small municipalities around the airport and there are often speed traps. Unless you are set on wanting to live in the city the "west county" communities may be your best bet. Fenton may be a bit of a pain if you are driving to the airport during rush hour.

Wow, this is some great info. Thanks for the link. I'll my wife and I check that out more closely, especially the 2017 data. Very interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info