Need 3800 advice - 911

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It seems that everyone that is blowing l26's up, are running asinine amounts of timing on e85. It usually doesn't work well on our cars.

Also, keep in mind that if you go with a l26, you will either need to turn the boost down or get more mods to keep knock down from the higher compression.

yeah im fine with that. i only run like 14psi anyways.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
i think id be okay l26'ing my car. would be better for street fun. get some pep in its step to get rolling. run lower boost. im cool with that

I think we have similar set ups, except I'm L26. I did however push a headgasket, but admittedly I was being extra hard on the car (rather than my usual hard) running 15lbs.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Use your knock sensor to determine the pulley size and/or timing to run. No knock, add some timing or pulley down. If it's knocking, go the other way.

The higher compression L26 will just push you closer to the KLSA (knock limited spark advance) sooner. So either a bigger pulley, or less timing.

If you're not watching the knock sensor, then you're driving/tuning blind.

I was running a 2.9" pulley with 24* timing and everyone was freaking out about it being too much. I had zero knock most of the time (just a little knock once in a while). I dropped to a 2.7" pulley and backed out 8* of timing (back to stock 16*). I then added 4* until I was on the edge of knock again. In the end, car ran the same ET either way.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Then get HPTuners and change the tune when you want to run gas. It's like a drop in the bucket after you get the bill from them to do all of that shit to your car. You're really leaving a lot power on the table for a convenience that you'll only need a few times. It'nit?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Update- They emailed me and said they have the L26 rebuilt and all my stuff from the old motor installed. They want to get it in today or Friday and hoping for the Dyno Monday or Tuesday.. I'm excited!

Hey Smug, thanks for your post. It helped with my choice of the L26.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info