My little oasis up North...

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
It’s been awesome, seems like I have been working more then relaxing. I ended up bringing 60tons of rock and setting a new base. Installed new flag stone around fire pit. Picked up a used golf cart and put my own twist on it. Last weekend was perfect, was able to get some good boating in, grilling and some good fire pit time. We are enjoying our time for sure.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It’s been awesome, seems like I have been working more then relaxing. I ended up bringing 60tons of rock and setting a new base. Installed new flag stone around fire pit. Picked up a used golf cart and put my own twist on it. Last weekend was perfect, was able to get some good boating in, grilling and some good fire pit time. We are enjoying our time for sure.

sixty tons of rock?

seriously?!

new base cuz you were sinkin' or what?

i saw your boat uncovered saturday and was like :fyws:

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
IMG_1464.jpgIMG_1316.jpgIMG_1312.jpgIMG_1309.jpgIMG_1294.jpgIMG_1297.jpgIMG_1298.jpg55080873811__EB5CDDF5-6E7B-455F-9A7C-34D14B42CABF.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
sixty tons of rock?

seriously?!

new base cuz you were sinkin' or what?

i saw your boat uncovered saturday and was like :fyws:

With being on the end it seemed like the lowest point of the peninsula of the marina. So after heavy rain the mud was insane, and the water would pool up. So with the owners approval I took it upon my self to make it right. I was able to raise the ground about 12", yea its gonna settle but it is alot better. It would be nice to have grass but it just would never grow with the water table so high.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
[MENTION=5248]cobra[/MENTION]ski i know where you're exactly setup now...

last year that area was somewhat a lake during that one flood.

you raising it 12" though may actually make you high and dry though come to think of it.

Yv6Vz9N.jpg

That is the spot. We had a choice to take the end or a spot closer to Grass Lake Rd. We chose the end mainly cause you are secluded. Sure we have to worry about flooding, but Im hoping adding the rock will help with most of it, not all of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info