My Hemi swapped Foxbody build

blown89lx

Regular
May 8, 2014
4aae694c8711d4326274a2df2aaf443f.jpg

So heres the motor mount blanks i made tonight. These bolt to the block. Once i get a chance at home i will use wood to mock the rest. If im happy with it next step is just cutting and welding the metal.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The stock bottom end hemis have weak rods, it breaking in stock forms means i need another block.[/QUOTE

You would be surprised what these bottom ends are capable of. I personally know of 2) 5.7's that are running superchargers one guy at 9lbs and the other at 6lbs with no issues after a couple of years. They don't beat the snot out of them but do have some fun. I know a bunch of turboed 6.1's running between 9-12lbs and a couple of them are beat on like no tomorrow and holding up. Can't wait to see the progress of this build.

blown89lx

Regular
May 8, 2014
The stock bottom end hemis have weak rods, it breaking in stock forms means i need another block.[/QUOTE

You would be surprised what these bottom ends are capable of. I personally know of 2) 5.7's that are running superchargers one guy at 9lbs and the other at 6lbs with no issues after a couple of years. They don't beat the snot out of them but do have some fun. I know a bunch of turboed 6.1's running between 9-12lbs and a couple of them are beat on like no tomorrow and holding up. Can't wait to see the progress of this build.

Thanks for the info. I guess for now all im hoping for is a running motor and trans. Once all the bugs are worked out i will go from there.

Thread Info