My garage build

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
So I measured my garage space immediately after making my first post and I have 9" of clearance from the wall to the torsion bar and roughly 6" of clearance from the ceiling to the top of the torsion bar. According to the install guide (https://www.liftmaster.com/CatalogResourcesV3/en-us/shared/files/tucmanuals/114A4565.pdf) you only need:

a. Must have minimum 2.5 inches between the garage wall (front wall) and the center of the torsion bar
b. Must have minimum 3 inches between the ceiling and the center of the torsion bar
c. Must have minimum 8 inches between the side garage wall (or obstruction) and the end of the torsion bar

So this can actually install in a pretty confined place. It'll fit in my garage and there's not much room in the corners but enough to clear this.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
We were looking at doing those lights in our warehouse, but I did a ton of the LED panels from Home Depot.... If I had the ceiling height I would use them in my garage in a heartbeat...

Lithonia Lighting 2 ft. White LED High Bay Light-IBH 11L MV - The Home Depot

Wasn't cheap to start out with since I installed 18 of them, but since we need 1/4 of the 8 foot flourescent bulbs and no longer need to run the 400w MH bulbs, the electric bill is averaging $240 less per month compared to last year.. Definitely make our money back in no time.

Not worrying about getting out the 14 foot ladder to change bulbs anymore is a great upside, as well as the lights are about 6 feet higher than the old 8 footers... definitely cleans up the place.

I actually went to home depot planning on buying 4 of these, 800+tax and decided to just get the fluorescent for around 1/3. Couple less lumens than having the 4 LED, but still much brighter than the two 60w :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I couldn't justify the LED price. For the amount these lights are on it would take way too many years... I went 4 4-tube fluorescent T5s for my 20 by 20. I bought nice bulbs that make a really nice premium light.

Yeah, those T5's are no slouches either... I set up a 4 bulb T5 next to the LED's to test in our shop, I still have the T5 over a specific bench that I wanted a ton of light over....

659C0B92-75C1-4D6C-97E9-64108C486B38_zpsmsj11lxb.jpg

Actually have an 8 bulb T5 fixture over my reef tank awhile back too.... Just looked at the cost over time and I didn't want to be worrying about replacing any of the 80+ T5 bulbs over the next year(s)...

It's nice not having the hum of the magnetic MH ballasts either...

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
literally two bolts and carter posted specifics, pretty sure most doors can be fitted with this thing. If you don't change out to a high lift, its literally just the $300 for the 8500, then if you want the IP gateway (for mobile phones) another 45, then a new outside keypad if you want.

I know that, I've installed them. I've just never seen anyone install them on an angle like that. Almost looks like they are floating. I probably would have put 2 2x4's behind it and mounted it to that

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Industrial Flooring and Restorations, Inc. - Industrial Flooring and Restorations , Inc. in ST Charles.

the owner is a stand up guy, name is Jack King and shows up in c5 vert talking about racing porsche's and asking to race me for additional discounts (but wouldn't let me look under the hood). The floor came out amazing, did the 6 stairs, landing, 2-3' exposed footings. Thick clear coat. They were the best price and $1600 less than the most expensive quote.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info