3800 My first track experience.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
I ran a total of 4 times. I would have liked to have gone more but towards they end someone leaked oil or something and were only running 1 lane. This was my first time at the track and I was hoping for mid 14's.

1) 15.604 @ 93.98 I knew it was bad because JET wouldn't tell me what I ran.
2) 15.571 @ 93.82 I was getting kind worried after this.
3) 14.965 @ 94.89 That's more like it.
4) 14.630 @ 95.35 Right about where I wanted to be.

Ironically my best reaction time of the night was on my first run with a .161. But since I've never run at the track before I immediately floored it and spun for a while. Same thing with my 2nd run. On the 3rd run I finally remembered to turn performance shift on and I didn't floor it immediately. What's even weirder is that I had my worst reaction time on the 4th run with a .289.

After some more practice what do you think that I'm capable of running? Somewhere around 14.3? Maybe I should quit working out and lose some weight. My 215lb body can't be helping too much.

Oh, and it was nice to finally meet some more members.

Andrew.

I

itlnrob

reaction time doesn't mean anything as far as your final time.

Reaction time basically will tell you how well you timed the light. All that will do is help you win the actual race with the other person.

The time doesn't start until you cross the line. Nice job though.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Yes, I took the headlight out. I took my spare and jack and all sorts of crap i had in my trunk. And I took the weather strip out too cuz I was told it helps cool the engine. Lowered my front tires to 22psi. That's all I think I did. We went to Great Lakes Dragaway. And you need a helmet if you're faster than 13.99.

2001GTP

Aug 15, 2008
Yes, I took the headlight out. I took my spare and jack and all sorts of crap i had in my trunk. And I took the weather strip out too cuz I was told it helps cool the engine. Lowered my front tires to 22psi. That's all I think I did. We went to Great Lakes Dragaway. And you need a helmet if you're faster than 13.99.
[snapback]96007[/snapback]​
[/quote
]
Thanks for that info, i need to go but i dont even know if am faster than 13.99 so i hope i dont get kick out .
:drunk:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info