My first encounter with a drunk driver

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
I'm glad you weren't in the car at the time...I'm sorry it totalled the car, it looked nice. (sans the front spoiler!)

I've chased down a hit and run drunk driver once. They were in a Taurus and I was in my truck. (The Lightning!) Needless to say, they guy tried everthing to lose me but I had no problem keeping an eye on him. (I never crowded him but stayed within eyesight the whole time.) He ran for about 15 minutes and hit a couple more cars until his car finally died. (It went to the junk yard after that!) I was afraid the cops were going to think my involvment may have caused more damage but they told me I did the right thing and thanked me. I was hoping my friend and I would be called in to testify as our credability was backed by my MBA and my friend being a doctor!

It was that SOB's poor luck to have me follow him, there was no way a 97'ish Taurus was ever going to get away from the Lightning!

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
maybe the guy hated fart cans

funny thing is i just got my new oem muffler in the mail the day before, i was gonna put it on monday.

anyways a few updates, the driver and the car are insured by state farm so that makes things a bit easier, im getting a rental car here in the next few days, teh appraiser is going to look at my car and assess the damages to make sure its totaled :roflpicard: , and they are either going to give me the kbb value for the car which is 2k as of right now, or i can buy the car back which i plan on doing so i can strip it, i plan on pulling the motor and trans, the rims are all good from what i saw, the gauges, the steering wheel, the battery and the radio, i figure ill get around $1200 for all that plus some money from the insurance company

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Awesome :bigthumb: I had someone open up their door into my GTP and leave a quarter-sized ding. They wanted to handle it without insurance but once I told them the estimate of $1,000-plus they stopped returning phone calls. She had State Farm, and so did I, so State Farm charged her the deductible and used her policy to fix my car. Can't say enough good things about State Farm. They've been good to me over the years.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Awesome :bigthumb: I had someone open up their door into my GTP and leave a quarter-sized ding. They wanted to handle it without insurance but once I told them the estimate of $1,000-plus they stopped returning phone calls. She had State Farm, and so did I, so State Farm charged her the deductible and used her policy to fix my car. Can't say enough good things about State Farm. They've been good to me over the years.

the only thing holding all this up, is the guy that hit my car is not answering his phone, i found out he was released on bail the same night of the accident and apparently he has "disappeared" but if i end getting the same treatment u did then im not worried now

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
well i got my check from the insurance company, $1920.25, and i got to keep the car, already have a buyer for the motor $800, soo im pretty stoked after the whole situation. and on a side note one of my gf's friends is a manhattan cop and he said the guy that kit my car got his ass beat in a bar fight on sat. sweet justice

Thread Info