My diverticulitis came back (not for the queasy)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Last week my stomach was giving me all sorts of fits. It’s done that in the past after my last hospital stay but usually went away after a few days. Well this time it didn’t.

Went to St Alexis last Friday and waited almost 6 hours without being seen so I went home. Saturday I came to GlenOaks and was in an ER room in 15 minutes. My diverticulitis came back and perforated again so they admitted me. Since it’s the second time in almost a year they recommended surgery after about 5 days of antibiotics. My pain was back to before it even happened and I even thought about just going home but my wife and mom said I’d be better off just sucking it up and getting it done. Plus then it’s was a very good chance of not needing a colostomy bag and doing surgery again in the future so I went along.

Had surgery yesterday morning. Woke up in the most pain I have ever been in. Apparently there was more infection they couldn’t see and a mass which they believe is infection that pooled up. It’s getting a biopsy so I’m hoping that is exactly what it is. Also have a drain in my gut and a drain in my nose going to my stomach.

Long story short, if you have pain in your stomach for more than 2 days, get looked at just in case. I was not expecting any of this last week but here we are.

114C8F6F-6711-4E89-840F-C66E0D1A43C7.jpeg

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Last week my stomach was giving me all sorts of fits. It’s done that in the past after my last hospital stay but usually went away after a few days. Well this time it didn’t.

Went to St Alexis last Friday and waited almost 6 hours without being seen so I went home. Saturday I came to GlenOaks and was in an ER room in 15 minutes. My diverticulitis came back and perforated again so they admitted me. Since it’s the second time in almost a year they recommended surgery after about 5 days of antibiotics. My pain was back to before it even happened and I even thought about just going home but my wife and mom said I’d be better off just sucking it up and getting it done. Plus then it’s was a very good chance of not needing a colostomy bag and doing surgery again in the future so I went along.

Had surgery yesterday morning. Woke up in the most pain I have ever been in. Apparently there was more infection they couldn’t see and a mass which they believe is infection that pooled up. It’s getting a biopsy so I’m hoping that is exactly what it is. Also have a drain in my gut and a drain in my nose going to my stomach.

Long story short, if you have pain in your stomach for more than 2 days, get looked at just in case. I was not expecting any of this last week but here we are.

View attachment 152484

Sending positive vibes your way. I had this surgery back in 2007....I caught a food bug/virus in Jamaica that didn't digest.
The recovery was tough....was off work for 2 months. Your gonna feel so much better ?

• Sad
Reactions: Fish and S8ER01Z

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Update. Got home Thursday. Still in pain but nowhere near the day of or even couple days after. Still not comfortable at all. Can’t sleep in bed and I am worried about taking the pain pills since I’m running out and don’t want to take too many to begin with yet I don’t want to be in pain.

Still have a drain and staples in. I’m no longer in any belly button beauty contests either this shit looks gnarly. ??

Biopsy came back negative for the big C and just was there I guess? No signs of being anything bad so I’ll take it. Was also finally told it was the size of a large orange as well.

Apparently I answered the person in the next room after my surgery as well. They were screaming and shouting and I just threw a “I hear you clucking big chicken” out there. My wife and mom said they and the nurses in the room just started laughing.

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
The pain pill situation really blows…. I remember getting something like 10 pills after my 2 week stay in the hospital and my pain lasted weeks at 8+ on the pain scale. Apparently because some people OD they means I can’t have meds to actually manage my pain. Since I couldn’t use Ibuprofen due to internal bleeding I was left with Tylenol or just sucking it up and dealing. ? It made me miss the hospital because at least I could get something for pain consistently and sleep. I hope you recover quickly and this hell is behind you soon. ?

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The pain pill situation really blows…. I remember getting something like 10 pills after my 2 week stay in the hospital and my pain lasted weeks at 8+ on the pain scale. Apparently because some people OD they means I can’t have meds to actually manage my pain. Since I couldn’t use Ibuprofen due to internal bleeding I was left with Tylenol or just sucking it up and dealing. ? It made me miss the hospital because at least I could get something for pain consistently and sleep. I hope you recover quickly and this hell is behind you soon. ?
For sure. If I’m not laying in my couch in a specific position, I am in some form of pain, which sucks.

I actually have pain pills from previous mouth work that I never used, but they are expired and not the same dose so I am kinda worried about using those as well. I have also tried Tylenol during the day and using just a norco at night.

Also took a shower tonight and started bleeding from one of my staples by my belly button so now I’m laying again in a specific spot trying not to bleed. Man this sucks. Hopefully overnight it heals some and I can actually stand/sit without worrying about bleeding.

• Sad
Reactions: S8ER01Z

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
For sure. If I’m not laying in my couch in a specific position, I am in some form of pain, which sucks.

I actually have pain pills from previous mouth work that I never used, but they are expired and not the same dose so I am kinda worried about using those as well. I have also tried Tylenol during the day and using just a norco at night.

Also took a shower tonight and started bleeding from one of my staples by my belly button so now I’m laying again in a specific spot trying not to bleed. Man this sucks. Hopefully overnight it heals some and I can actually stand/sit without worrying about bleeding.
Using those pills will be fine. Expiration just means they are not going to be as potent as fresh.

Just follow the instructions on the bottle and you'll be fine pain pill wise.

Good luck on recovery and hopefully you aren't in pain soon!

Reactions: Fish
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info