My Dad's Porsche GT4 RS is almost here!

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
I thought I would share this as I have been pretty excited to get my hands on my dads 2023 Porsche Cayman GT4 RS that he ordered a couple months back. Porsche allows you to track your build, and then follow the ships path across the ocean up until delivery. What I had never seen them do before is give you a couple of photos of the build process with some info about the stages of the build. The car is currently showing to be sitting off the coast of New Jersey and once it hits the port, it should be on its way to Chicago pretty quickly!

There are captions with each of the screenshots I took so you can read about each stage of the process:
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 12.54.11 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 12.53.57 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 12.53.40 PM.PNG

Here is what his final build should look like with his specs:
IMG_3912.JPG

IMG_3913.JPG

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Thats awesome.

How long do you estimate the whole process take? Order to deliver?
This one was quick because the dealer had an open allocation that was about to be built. So I think it’s about 3 months. Now he also has an order for a GT3RS but that one the allocation is for next spring, so that will end up being like 14 or 15 month wait.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
That's cool. I think the Cayman is more what people would view a 911 was all about. The 911 has gotten wider, heavier, longer, I've heard they can get close to 4,000 lbs.

This one looks awesome too.
Yeah the Caymans are supposed to be the better overall track car, but until now they have refrained from giving the Caymans the top 911 engines.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This one was quick because the dealer had an open allocation that was about to be built. So I think it’s about 3 months. Now he also has an order for a GT3RS but that one the allocation is for next spring, so that will end up being like 14 or 15 month wait.
Dayumn, a 992 gt3RS allocation is not easy to get, your dad is my hero lol.

Reactions: shockerracing.com

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Dayumn, a 992 gt3RS allocation is not easy to get, your dad is my hero lol.
He’s been lucky to find a dealer that’s he’s been buying from for years who is now giving him early opportunities at some of these harder to get Porsches.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
  • Haha
Reactions: shockerracing.com
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info