TV Mr. Robot

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Seriously. Just in the first 2 episodes im getting elements of Dexter, only instead of murders and bloodslides theres hacking and cdr's. Haha. Plus a strong fight club mindfuckery vibe with all the inner monologue shit. Rami maleks playing it great.

I think Christian Slater is pretty obviously Tyler Durden.

I definitely noticed the Fight Club feeling of mind-fuckery of this show right away but I didn't initially notice that Christian Slater's character isn't real and just a figment of Elliot's imagination until you guys compared him to Tyler Durden. Good catch! It would have taken me to the office scene in episode 3 before I would have picked up on that. I guess the power of observation eludes me sometimes. haha :bigthumb:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I never saw Fight Club so I was wondering what the hell was going on. Question is, do they keep Slater imaginary like Fight Club or does he "become" real down the road?

Episode 3 was outrageous for an episode that doesn't have all that much action. It really builds the characters. Some strange shit happening in this episode. that bedroom scene with Tyrell and his pregnant wife was pretty intense. He is a complicated character.
Fucking a guy just to plant a bug? Whoa!

I'm going to have to think a lot harder while watching this show.

I think this is going to become the water cooler show of the summer. Happy to see there's something good to watch while waiting for fall.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Yeah when the guy talked to Christian Slater and Elliot separately I was like, "Holy crap, he's real? Are you kidding me?" and then 5 minutes later I was like "You assholes." haha

I felt like this episode was anti-climactic. Not much really happened besides dream sequences that got old for me pretty quick. I understand that they are still fleshing out Elliot's character, but actual plotline progression is needed as well. I felt like they were focusing more on fucking with their viewers than advancing the story. It's only a good mindfuck if you don't see it coming.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The action is in your mind. I have to think more about this show than any other I watch.

This week, for instance, the hackers are talking directly to Mr. Robot but not to Elliot who remains in the background. Then they switch positions as Elliot comes forward and Mr. Robot fades back. Is Elliot a real person in a real background or just a physical manifestation of his dual personality where one aspect of his personality comes to the foreground at a time? How many people are in that room? 5 or 6? 5 and 6?

I loved the bathroom scene. So much info given with just one leg shift.

I'm worried this show is going to be too complex to get the ratings it needs to stay alive.

EDIT: Network is already committed for a season 2 and the ratings for the show by both critics and viewers are great. 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info