MPG vs 0 Ethanol Fuel

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Coming back from South Dakota a couple of weeks ago and hit a Shell in west Wisconsin. I notice the premium (91 Octane) has a huge note, 0% Ethanol.
I've never run across Shell gas with no ethanol so I filled up. I immediately noticed the MPG's were a full 2 points over the first two-thirds of the trip.
The more I drove to work over the last couple of weeks, the more it went up. So I started taking it easy to see how far I could go on one tank.

870 miles!! 25.2 Calculated MPG
I'll never get MPG like this again, it was difficult to not drive normal and stay out of boost.

g7eeLa7.jpg

Here is the DTE after I filled up, 955 miles!
dtUCDdT.jpg

I wish there was more 0% ethanol places near Chicago, but after some research, there doesn't seem to many.
Especially Shell which I prefer.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Coming back from South Dakota a couple of weeks ago and hit a Shell in west Wisconsin. I notice the premium (91 Octane) has a huge note, 0% Ethanol.
I've never run across Shell gas with no ethanol so I filled up. I immediately noticed the MPG's were a full 2 points over the first two-thirds of the trip.
The more I drove to work over the last couple of weeks, the more it went up. So I started taking it easy to see how far I could go on one tank.

870 miles!! 25.2 Calculated MPG
I'll never get MPG like this again, it was difficult to not drive normal and stay out of boost.

g7eeLa7.jpg

Here is the DTE after I filled up, 955 miles!
dtUCDdT.jpg

I wish there was more 0% ethanol places near Chicago, but after some research, there doesn't seem to many.
Especially Shell which I prefer.

fuck that's amazing empty range.

average speed of 48.3? i dont know if i ever do a roadtrip that slowly.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
My pops has an old car that he suspects is vapor locking because of ethanol. Joliet airport has ethanol free 91 for $4 a gallon. Yikes. Likely an airport surcharge. They say a bunch of muscle cars fill up there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info