Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just passing through with a end of 2020 pic.

View attachment 95089

So dis ^, a2b MPI and an RS3 brushless pump. Running full e85 all the time (but still flex fuel).

And then dis...EQT Vortex STD hybrid. I should have waited for the XL housing to be in stock but I got impatient and went with the lesser of the two. I might still buy the bigger hot side over winter but we'll see what the car does in the fall first. All said and done, the car should make anywhere from 450 to 500. Gonna toss it on the dyno in the Fall and see.

PXL_20210512_185658808.PORTRAIT_3.jpg

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Wow, killer results! Your VMR wheels are about 24 lbs each, right? Once I put my winter wheels on, or get to the point of selling my GTI this fall, you're more than welcome to throw my lightweight 18" Konig Hypergrams (17.8 lbs) on your car for a few passes if I don't sell them first. My tires (235/40 R18 General GMax) are 22 lbs, same as your Continentals.

Or we could swap for an earlier track weekend or some Dragy passes if you want to see what sort of difference they'd make.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Knock knock??
Bottom end is fine. At least as far as I can tell so far. The noise is top end. Best guess for now is something in the fuel system failed (injector or hpfp) and cylinder 3 went a tad lean and just a tad hot. Might need to replace that piston (or maybe a valve). Won't know exactly the extent of how much poorer I'm going to be until the head is off.

We scoped the cylinders and we didnt see anything catastrophic. No smoking. No drips. Nothing out of place there. I'm guessing its still missing even after fresh plugs because of something with fueling (or the motor is indeed angry). Unfortunately, the car isnt throwing any codes for that either of the pumps or even a lean code, just misfires. So...hoping for the best, expecting a bad time.

Of course, I'm not exactly smart with engines, so I could be way off. But both SRT41320 SRT41320 and Handsome Jesus Handsome Jesus agree.

Reactions: RedBeard

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Taking it back down to Morris and the guy that did the fuel and turbo work.

I was gonna call up Kurt but when I talked to him at the track day, he was letting on that hes pretty swamped. I dont want the car to sit for weeks if I dont have to. Probably leaving the house on Sunday.

Reactions: blue-sun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info