• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

🔧 BUILD Mark's 2015 KB Mustang

General Information

Tonight I picked up the 2001 Mustang's replacement.

It is a manual Deep Impact Blue 2015 Mustang GT premium with the only options being the 3.55 rear-end, navigation, and the 19" dark aluminum wheels. I had initially thought I'd wait until much later this year, but I got impatient.

I worked with [MENTION=4923]The Beast[/MENTION] at getting it sent to his dealership from the Sandwich dealership. Sandwich is the only one that had the exact set-up I wanted. It was either that or a factory order. Beast did a fantastic job getting the Mustang for me, and he gave me a really good price on it. That's another part of the reason I bought sooner than later.

He told me this morning that he was able to get the car to his dealership by the late afternoon. So on my lunch I went to Chase to get a loan and that was it. I had a very positive experience with John, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Also, huge props to Mook for helping me pick up the car and then spending a couple hours driving around and helping me learn how to better drive it. I also have to give a shout-out to [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] for also letting me learn the basics on his car.

My first night's, opinion? I'm in love with this car. It is awesome in every way. I can't wait to really get good enough to rip through the gears. I'm super-glad I went the way of a manual for this car. For a car that won't see too many quarter mile passes, the manual was the way to go for sure!

Here are the pics of my new ride:

IMAG0360_zpsetbdu9zt.jpg

IMAG0362_zpsqmmzud6g.jpg

17307383365_345eb00d2e_h.jpg

17307383305_112093bbae_h.jpg
Reactions: Flyn

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The funny thing is these coyotes are so well balanced, so even fixed mounts you wouldn't notice much of a vibration. Only reason you were vibrating was because of all the play with the mounts being torn/missing. So don't worry too much about adjustable or anything else, it'll be nice and tight and solid. The 2nd gen coyote we did, we had to go to fixed (metal to metal) mounts for clearance purposes, so there's no dampening whatsoever, and it's absolutely fine up to 8,000rpms.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Maybe one of these days I'll get you to BMP for a thursday night T&T. Lots of great folks here and tons of super cool street cars show up. Plus the impromptu visit of random youtube stars like cleetus here and there.
Its crossed my mind a few times as it's only 45mins away. Car hasn't been 100% healthy or track worthy for a while. Good enough for casual driving, but nothing I'd trust at 120mph.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Its crossed my mind a few times as it's only 45mins away. Car hasn't been 100% healthy or track worthy for a while. Good enough for casual driving, but nothing I'd trust at 120mph.
Well when you're ready, just PM me. I probably am not going for a bit since I've maxed it out at its current level. No need to keep beating on it at the track for the same 10.20. Plus that was in just about zero DA and by the looks of the long term weather, we are heading back up to 2500+ DA weather. Next week this time its going to be in the 80s.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The funny thing is these coyotes are so well balanced, so even fixed mounts you wouldn't notice much of a vibration. Only reason you were vibrating was because of all the play with the mounts being torn/missing. So don't worry too much about adjustable or anything else, it'll be nice and tight and solid. The 2nd gen coyote we did, we had to go to fixed (metal to metal) mounts for clearance purposes, so there's no dampening whatsoever, and it's absolutely fine up to 8,000rpms.

Mine might be hurt somehow. Not so smooth and balanced feeling at the moment. Im getting a strange vibrating oscillation at around 65 mph and again around 80mph. Might be the DRs degrading away or lost a weight. But I havent looked into yet. I feel like its been a bit rough cruising at high speeds ever since the driver side axle snapped. It was violent to say the least and Im sure something might have gotten tweaked somewhere in the driveline when it happened. Getting a soft clunk too when going from R into D. I dont recall that either. But either way I have some funds building up for a replacement 10R80 if needed as well as some other driveline parts. Like a one piece CF driveshaft and a TC. I was going to let mine ride for now, but it really helps to have a 10R80 core thats not 10 neutrals vs one that actually still works...

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Mine might be hurt somehow. Not so smooth and balanced feeling at the moment. Im getting a strange vibrating oscillation at around 65 mph and again around 80mph. Might be the DRs degrading away or lost a weight. But I havent looked into yet. I feel like its been a bit rough cruising at high speeds ever since the driver side axle snapped. It was violent to say the least and Im sure something might have gotten tweaked somewhere in the driveline when it happened. Getting a soft clunk too when going from R into D. I dont recall that either. But either way I have some funds building up for a replacement 10R80 if needed as well as some other driveline parts. Like a one piece CF driveshaft and a TC. I was going to let mine ride for now, but it really helps to have a 10R80 core thats not 10 neutrals vs one that actually still works...
I wouldn’t be surprised If your driveshaft is wonky. And remind me, did you do new or used GT350 axles or a used one from the shop? Might be another damaged part.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I wouldn’t be surprised If your driveshaft is wonky. And remind me, did you do new or used GT350 axles or a used one from the shop? Might be another damaged part.

Got new GT350 axles. Brand new from FRPP. Im going to bring the car in to my shop in a few months for an over all look. Check the trans fluid and the rest of the driveline see if anything jumps out. Car is an absolute animal now, but really not very smooth to drive at the moment.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
1. Are you sure you need aftermarket mounts? Stock would definitely be the way to go.

2. The clutch pedal thing is a regular occurrence. Have the shop remove the assembly and weld it. It will be much stronger than another factory replacement.

3. Who did your original install??

He said the stock motor mounts wouldn't allow clearance with the stock hood. I'm fairly certain the ones he's replacing are not factory as I recall they may have come with the kit.

As far as the clutch assembly goes, I think he had it done before I saw that video about welding. If it breaks again, I'll have someone weld it instead of buying a whole new unit that could fail.

The shop that did the install was the former Mr. Norm's Garage. I went there because he was the owner of the former Modular Powerhouse (Based out of GA) did my last Mustang and I never had a single issue with it. But when the shop moved here, he got a new crew. They did some sloppy work, so I don't know I'd go back to him. Someone should have caught all those things with the install. Though I should go back on my comment about them being the issue with the motor mounts. I don't know an install could cause the rubber to deteriorate, I initially just thought they were loose...and I know the shop left loose ends on other parts of the install.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Wow man looks good. Needs a bit of cleaning love, but them older KBs are sharp. I remember how those dont whine, they SHREEEEK. Is that a 2,4L?
2.8L. They can squeeze pretty good power out of them, but I'll never drop the coin for that. I just want to keep the car running. I'm hoping this is the last expensive bill for a while.

Reactions: Rent Free

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I just got the car back, what a difference in how it feels. The clutch pedal action is so smooth and predictable now...and the car's horrible vibration is gone. I didn't get a chance to test sustained highway speed, but I will take it to work tomorrow.

Out the door, it was about $1.6k for everything. But that's the price you pay for not being able to fix things like that yourself. I would definitely go back to them again. It was a very positive experience.

Thread Info