Marine products reviews and recommendations.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My hull needs a buff and wax in the worst was. I cleaned it up with some pretty harsh shit last year as it was filthy and full of algae. It has almost no shin above the water line. I need to put the name decal on the back and was thinking about buying a rotary from harbor freight and going to down then hand waxing it. Any suggestions on a good single stage cutter and hand wax? My wife thinks I should have it detailed and concentrate on getting the work in the cabin done. Am I biting off too much?

if you have the skills to work on the house shit which im 90% sure you do your time is much better spent doing that than buffing a boat.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Makes sense. I also need to wire up a 2nd battery and replace the oil pressure sensor and fresh water pump so looks like I need to find a detailer.
Buffing a boat with a high speed buffer definitely takes a while to learn well enough to not fuck your boat up, I’d find someone to do that for you like kj said, if it’s as oxidized as it sounds like you will want to wax it several times a season once it’s buffed back again old gel coat can be brought back to like new again but it fades back super fast if you don’t keep it with fresh wax all the time, for my way I use marine 31

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info