• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Machine Shop

Just Yourshadow

Who the hell is this guy?
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good machine shop? I need to have a new valve guide pressed into a head since my timeline for this project just got moved up.

Just Yourshadow

Reaction score
How the hell did the smilie face get on the thread topic? I did not approve of this nonsense.

Thanks E for responding. I really don't want to touch the heads that are on the car now to switch them over. So my search continues.

Just Yourshadow

Reaction score
Thanks E

Also on a side note anyone know the GM part numbers for the connecting rod and main cap bolts? I'm assumeing these are torque-to-yield

skeezer

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I have a number to a guy in Rockford that has done great work for me and Eagle so far. Quick turn around, reasonable pricing.

skeezer

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not going to give you the number if you're going to waste the guys time.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a place in Cary that SUCKS. Don't go there.

I'd drive all the way out to Streamwood for Opel Engineering for quality work @ a decent price.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I went to Opel to have the bearings pressed in to my differential carrier. Not that it's an impressive feat, just a good experience with them.

Just Yourshadow

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't sound serious at the moment, I'm still gathering my thoughts and drawing up battle plans. I've heard there was a place in Cary but I never heard about their work,good to know to avoid this place. I was going to call AES in Elk Grove since I know they did head work when I worked at Hoskins but I figured I'd ask on here first.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I went to a place in mchenry for head work on my car. They did good work for me. Called coil racing engines. Right at 31 and 176.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
Opel engineering is right out here by me. they do good work, and we have been giving them some business on 3800 stuff... give it a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom