🔧 BUILD Luke's Blue Turbo Prix

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
CHI2000GTP CHI2000GTP You're getting a lot done this season sir. Well done! (y) What all do you have left on the to-do list?

Thanks T TrboGT . My goal is to stop all the leaks! Christ. I want to be the first to have a 20yr old 3800 engine without any leaks! IS that so hard?

After that fuel pump upgrade and dyno tune. After that, interior needs some TLC.

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
Thanks T TrboGT . My goal is to stop all the leaks! Christ. I want to be the first to have a 20yr old 3800 engine without any leaks! IS that so hard?

After that fuel pump upgrade and dyno tune. After that, interior needs some TLC.

LOL. Just went through that as well, i know how that feels. Got tired of doing everything myself. Triple Edge redid everything (twice now). First time having a built engine and its working great with the turbo I chose. But for once no leaks and that makes me very happy. Been too hot and humid here for me to want to drive it this summer.

Good Luck sir!

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
Turbocharged400sbc Turbocharged400sbc . The machinist that milled it told me to watch out for the same. He said its 82*. But I tightened the screws down to spec, and the cover was held firmly in place. Didn't need to do anything extra. Everything is back together now. I sprayed with cut gasket from ZZP with sealant, sandwiched it between 2 FelPro's. Got the new seal installed and pump was primed. I was worried about debris and crap have gotten into the oil/oil pan. Even though I did seal it off with tape. But out of caution, I drained the oil after the repair was finished. Poured in fresh oil, ran that for 100 miles, and not changed oil again, filter too.

But this bytch just don't quit. Just threw a code: PO341; Cam shaft sensor. Okkkk. I'll take that over a misfire any day. Ordered a new sensor and waiting...

img_0768.jpg

img_0769.jpg

img_0771.jpg

img_0774.jpg

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
UPDATE

Front cover is back together an leak free. Was dealing with a cam shaft position sensor code for the longest now. Because of the thick gasket sandwich I made, I had to have the ear of the cam sensor machined down so it would sit deeper in the front cover hole. Thanks to Turbocharged400sbc Turbocharged400sbc for the suggestion. Worked out very well for me.

Did an oil change too. It was running so rich, those cylinder walls were bathing in gasoline. So had to change it. I'm running the 10,000 mile Mobile 1 oil filter, so didn't change filter. Then tried tackling the fog lights. But the wires leading to them were just garbage inside. Cut back like 3-4 inches and still black and crumbling. They were weird looking. Apparently they didn't hold up very well under the front/bottom of the car. Go figure :|
Next project is to fix the wiring on those.

I hate to jinx it, but it must be said: I currently have a leak free, code free, Turbo Grand Prix! Might be the only one in the country meeting those 3 criteria! HAHA

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Thread Info