• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical LS 6.0 3" or 2.5" exhaust?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Didnt want this to get clogged up in my 71 build thread. I have to order my mufflers (super 40's) asap. Asking you LS experts what would you do, 3" or 2.5"?
MY headers at the collectors are 3" and I can run a 3" exhaust dumping it pre-axle. Would cost me a little more money, which isnt the issue as its not that much more.
I guess my issue is, will there be that much of a difference if I drop down to a 2.5"? SC or turbo probably in the future (next year)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I’m in a similar boat and I think I’m going to go 2.5”. Dual 2.5 flows nearly 10 sq.in and a 3” single flows 7.1 so if you go turbo and can fit a 4” downpipe I’d go dual 3”. If you can only fit a 3-3.5” than dual 2.5” will support that flow just fine.

Weight and packaging of a dual 3” doesn’t seem worth the hassle personally. I do plan on full tail pipes to keep it a bit quieter and probably run a loud valve when I want it rowdy sounding.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If you're going to go for over 700 wheel once you add boost I'd say 3in. Under 2.5".

Edit - are you going to use the same exhaust once you add boost or build new stuff?
I'm thinking if I go supercharger exhaust will stay the same. If turbo, then it will get all new.
The plan is turbo unless I see a SC at a steal, then I'll jump on it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info