đź‘‹ INTRO Looking for the history of 2000 GTP

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
Check the vacuum lines, post some pics, vids, anything you got scan logs etc.
I will I have not dug to much yet but will and I will make sure to post some here. This is all I have so far. Video is too large to upload.

20211030_174937.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
One fast GTX was the red turbo car I remember helping him out. It's not that the Boost bypass will be bad it's that someone will of accidentally plugged off the lower port on the vacuum canister which should be exposed to atmosphere and or the bolts that mount it to the blower go through slots and so it may be bolted on holding the flap slightly open make sure it's it's all the way down onto the blower housing completely horizontal

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
If it's only building 3 psi, there is a good chance the boost bypass solenoid is bad.
Just got to looking at that today and found that on the back side of that actual sensor the vacuum line was on the lower port which when I took it off that port was sealed or clogged shut so I moved it to the top port and now I am running 5 psi and power is coming much quicker starts whining now at half throttle not waiting till is wot to start whining like it was. Definitely an improvement but still feel like something else is holding it back from full potential I would think I should be at least 7 or 8 psi.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Get a pvc cap that fits your intake boot and poke a tire valve stem in it and run 10 or 15 psi of regulated air up in that manifold and see if you got any leaks, most of the time it's in the lower intake gaskets and if that's the case it'll usually have some oil residue in the corners where it meets the block and heads. If it still runs like ass it's probs eating coolant too.

Or you can smoke test it but it's not as fun

Reactions: Cashler

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It's all good I am not the best with forums mainly a Facebook guy but an old member who went by URLOSN told me to reach out to this forum because that car use to be part of the ILGPC

Ohh no...........

Fuck I can’t remember……Shawn something

Shawn Mayes? Maybe? He just commented on a Facebook post that it was turbo back in the day.

I thought it was turbo, but then remember gen 5, but there were so many cars I couldnt keep track of. :rofl:

Fredo made the paint scheme popular, but I can only remember one with the red and black with the white pin stripe.

Either way, once tuned up it should be a fun car for $3800.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Let me know what you may still have might get it off you. Was it originally on this car? My number is 765-461-7345

Oh no...it was all on my '99 GTP. I made a BUNCH of stuff for it. This car was what got me into making / modding parts. I made the spoiler out of 18 gauge steel (but it was a HORRIBLE design), the diagonal braces were made from 1/2"rolled iron bar, which I heated and bent into shape, using the OEM brace recesses as the pattern, After lowering the front end 1", I shortened the engine motor mounts and welded the heck out of the bottoms to help re-inforce them / add strength. Apparently, Montana motor mounts would have done the SAME thing and been a TON less work. There's a bunch of other things I did to the car, but I can't remember. I also had a set of TOG's, SLP 2.5 press on pulley, hand smoothed inner S/C casing, SLP CAI...etc. etc.

Engine 10-16-08 (1).jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made all of it. None of this is on my phone. I had to find the old pictures on my external HD

205499_1013771439022_2220_n.jpg

206923_1013768998961_5591_n.jpg

206923_1013768998961_5591_n.jpg

I have the dash surround (bezel-?!?) and center console. I also started making another dash for some other guy (was on ClubGP.com) who paid me 1/2, and never messaged me back. The dash is sorta unique and you can access all the buttons in the DIC. I may also still have the little arches that go around the dash cluster...but I'd have to look.

The shift lever handle is long gone. That stayed with the car after I de-modded it.

These are pictures of the "Flamed Brakes" I did. They were 'good enough' for back in the day. What I did was make 2 small sets of flames (so they matched one another) and welded them onto the carriers. It made the brakes look a LOT bigger than they were.

FRONT:

IMG00334-20100624-2008.jpg

BACK:

IMG00336-20100624-2010.jpg

Cashler

Oct 30, 2021
Ohh no...........

I thought it was turbo, but then remember gen 5, but there were so many cars I couldnt keep track of. :rofl:

Fredo made the paint scheme popular, but I can only remember one with the red and black with the white pin stripe.

Either way, once tuned up it should be a fun car for $3800.
Haha what's with the ooh no.... about URLOSN?!? Lol. And ya I can't wait till it's running healthy will be fun. Me and a buddy are hoping to get it to 400 hp not sure if it's possible but thinking a smaller pulley and intercooler might get me there with current set up. ?‍♂️

Thread Info