• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Looking at a C7 Stingray - Need opinions on price

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I talked about it a bit in my lease verse purchase thread. I’ve been renting cars on Turo for the past 5 months. Been going well. I recently added a couple cars to my fleet. As I was walking out of the local Ford dealership, I saw a 2015 c7 stingray 2LT on the lot, under 17K. I’ve always wanted a vette. I think it’d do well. There aren’t any vette listed in my area and very few sports cars in the same class in my opinion. I know pricing is a bit inflated and I’m trying to do research to see what would be a good price to shoot for. Looking for opinions yes/ no if I should go for it and estimating a fair price. The only downside is that it’s a 7spd, so that’ll lower my renter pool also need to figure out a plan for Nov- March since it’ll be cold out. We don’t get a ton of snow here in Reno but it does snow and it stays a constant 40-50 degrees most of the winter except at night. I’m thinking I’m going to garage it.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Just curious if I’m missing something or someone’s math is bad. As I start running the numbers it makes less sense to pull the trigger as it puts me in used Tesla prices and I know they’ll rent for more and I can use them in the winter if I went that route.

039981AB-C603-40FC-8186-83E0752D686F.jpeg

F1E26A07-FAA2-4994-89C9-2355909FDA10.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just curious if I’m missing something or someone’s math is bad. As I start running the numbers it makes less sense to pull the trigger as it puts me in used Tesla prices and I know they’ll rent for more and I can use them in the winter if I went that route.

View attachment 95972

View attachment 95973

i mean 72 * 608 = 43776

he's 10k light somehow somewhere and i doubt you're getting 0% financing on a 6 year old car.

no fucking idea what's going on :rofl:

Reactions: Rebel

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Anything used right now anybody buys depending on the car u are OVERPAYING by 6000-10k more than normal. Prices are stupid at the auction. If u can hold out.
I have zero interest in paying 52K for it, but they’re quoting me 41K. I questioned it, and was told that’s the monthly payment ?‍♂️.
C7 ?

is it easy to rent manual cars?

get a tesla
My WRX rents for about half the month consistently. Mostly Friday - Sunday and a few random weekday rentals. It’s a manual. Probably would get more rentals with an auto. I’m only intrigued in this if they honor the payment they’re quoting me. Would love to get a Tesla but they’re the most overpriced car on the market right now behind jeep.

Reactions: dun4791
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info