Lincoln Mark VIII phone button?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Does anyone know how the phone button/system works on the Lincolns? The '97 Mark VIII LSC I bought from Kevin has a button and microphone on the A pillar but I have no idea how to make it work. Is it Bluetooth or does it need to have a phone hardwired?

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Reaction score
no bluetooth in 97,

wikipedia

"
The specifications were formalized by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), organised by Mohd Syarifuddin. The SIG was formally announced on May 20, 1998. Today it has a membership over 7000 companies worldwide. It was established by Ericsson, Sony Ericsson, IBM, Intel, Toshiba, and Nokia, and later joined by many other companies."

im sure it is a hard mount system, probably analog and useless.

OP
Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
no bluetooth in 97,

wikipedia

"
The specifications were formalized by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), organised by Mohd Syarifuddin. The SIG was formally announced on May 20, 1998. Today it has a membership over 7000 companies worldwide. It was established by Ericsson, Sony Ericsson, IBM, Intel, Toshiba, and Nokia, and later joined by many other companies."

im sure it is a hard mount system, probably analog and useless.
Thanks Mike. I did some searching and although info is scarce it does look like it was probably an analog cell phone that was optional with the car. Oh well, can't have everything. Maybe I will replace the radio some time and get bluetooth for Amy that way.

Time to go pull the air silencer out...

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I did some searching and although info is scarce it does look like it was probably an analog cell phone that was optional with the car. Oh well, can't have everything. Maybe I will replace the radio some time and get bluetooth for Amy that way.

Time to go pull the air silencer out...
i have the same problem with the 01 benz i just bought.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom