LG Vu

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Just got one of these phones today...anyone else got one?

I'm just getting used to it right now, first real touch-screen device I've owned. My other phone had something fucked with the mic, and people could barely hear me when I was talking, so I upgraded to the Vu...

But yeah, just curious if anyone knew anything about them, shit I should know, any tips or tricks, etc. Discuss.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Just got one of these phones today...anyone else got one?

I'm just getting used to it right now, first real touch-screen device I've owned. My other phone had something fucked with the mic, and people could barely hear me when I was talking, so I upgraded to the Vu...

But yeah, just curious if anyone knew anything about them, shit I should know, any tips or tricks, etc. Discuss.

I have one. Had it since the time it came out. Check out this website...Very useful.

www.Lg-vu.com

I like it. Has negative aspects as well as positive with everything else...but i'm overall happy with the product. If you get a memory card for the phone, get a 2gb card. It can support a 4gb card, HOWEVER, it has to be about 1/2 filled before the phone will recognize it.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
thanks for the link...

I've already got a couple MicroSD cards, my last phone had one (a 1 gig) and I ordered a pair of 2gig cards from newegg a few months back because they were super cheap (8 bucks shipped for two of them)

I've sort of just been googling for shit about the phone, tricks and hacks, etc. Here's to hoping I don't fuck the thing up lol

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Here's a question I've got for you, is there any sort of trick or hack to change the message alert tone?

I've got a file I use for message alert, and I'd like to continue using it on this phone if possible. I'd ask on the lg-vu board, but it's more than likely an irritating noob question and I'd rather not get flamed for not searching, etc.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I honestly don't know about the message alert tone. I haven't really done to much research due to the fact that I don't have a data cable to do anything. There's a hack if you'd like to make the phone (theme) like an Iphone. lol.

The only thing I've done with the phone was put 141 or so games onto my memory card and in my phone. So now I have A LOTTTTTTT of games. lol. If anything...go to the lg-vu board and try doing a quick search along the lines of "message tones," "message alert tones," "system tones," ect. I'm sure something will at least come up.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I looked at getting the Vu and ended up with the Samsung Eternity. (got it for the same price as a Vu.) Has better/longer battery life, better camera, and I can make ring tones and message alerts by connecting it to my computer.

Anyone can make tones on their computer, doesn't really matter the phone.

My issue is that in stock form the Vu doesn't seem to allow the user to set a custom message alert tone. Ring tones are cake, but message tones...nope.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info