Let's talk sunglasses (non-prescription)

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I am kicking myself for not going Maui Jim Tail Slides...they are nearly $300 though, but felt VERY well built and were super comfy when I tried them. Ended up in a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer's I got "for free" (get points for awards at work, had enough for a pair). I was super stoked, until I got them. They feel so cheap and creak like you wouldn't believe. The polarized lenses are the best I've ever had, but I've only ever used $20 beater sun glasses.

I've been wearing Waves Classic sunglasses...they retail for $40, but you can almost always find a 50% off code somewhere. They are not very well built, and last about a year at most, but for $20 for a pair of plastic polarized glasses NFG.

I'd entertain some ideas for a Wayfarer style cheap polarized sunglasses...

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
It is usually the Ray ban guys that want to do that and think they have a superior product

I can say, first hand, Ray-Ban does not have a superior product. You are paying for the name, not the build quality. I will not buy another pair.

Maui Jim DOES have a superior product to either Oakley or Ray-Ban in terms of design and quality.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
What about them white Oakley gascans?

IMG_20190827_133222.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info