Learn me about the Subaru XV Crosstrek (factory lifted Impreza)

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a new/better car and she likes the Subaru XV Crosstrek (just about anything is better than her Scion TC). I've read the reviews on Edmunds, Car and Driver etc and the crash test ratings but I know little about Subarus. I know it's essentially a factory "lifted" Impreza that's 3 inches higher than the standard Impreza and that the engine is somewhat underpowered (I'm fine with that for her), it's AWD and nicely equipped for the price. She'll be buying new and have a warranty but I'm curious about any issues that anyone knows about with that model line. I'm not sure if anyone on this site has a Crosstrek but it's the same boxer engine that's been powering Subee's for what seems like forever and it's the same vehicle as a normal Impreza wagon with the exception of an extra 3 inches of suspension.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
They're nice inside but can't get out of it's own way AT ALL. you can get them in a manual or an cvt trans. Haven't driven a manual but i'm sure it's slightly better.

My wife drive's an 06 civic with like 140hp and she said it was slow as fuck when we test drove one. Ruled it out instantly.

You'd be better off looking at a forester or outback instead. Both have the 2.5 engine with i think 170hp?

also, I'ts not the same boxer engine they've been using....complete redesign with DI. It's reliability is still in question just because it's only been out in the new impreza body style.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I rode in one recently and it was hard to not notice how slow it was. This was in NJ on which is a lot more hilly but it was still hard to deal with. Also there really wasn't that much space in it.

My friend has the outback and loves it and after driving that I would take that over the crosstek if that was what I was looking for.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Honestly I'd rather she get a Forester or VW Tiguan but it's going to come down to what she likes/can afford and talking her out of things is almost impossible. I know I said I don't really care if it's slow but I didn't realize it was that bad, there is such a thing as too slow.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
They have one of the ugliest factory wheels ever made, that's about all I know :rofl:

:ugh: :puke:

2015-Subaru-Crosstrek-Wallpaper.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info