Kwik Trip (Gas Station) Crispy Chicken Sandwich

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Call me crazy id rate this sandwich right up near Popeyes. Tender moist meat and surprisingly crispy. Just make sure it was not sitting under the heat lamp for an hour. (times on tags) Only downside is you need to go to Wisconsin to find a Kwik Trip. Kenosha, Beloit, Lake Geneva, are closest to Chicago area. Pictures of my most recent sandwich (stock) but obviously you can choose from a good selection of gas station condiments for yours. Worth a try if you are on the road and 100% best chicken sandwich you will get from a gas station.

20210306_132737.jpg

20210306_132753.jpg

20210306_132801.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I lived in Lacrosse for 6 months and ate a ton of their angus burgers, and of course roller tornados. Wish we had a Kwik trip or Casey’s equivalent in the western suburbs. 7-11 and speedway don’t even compare.
Yeah, looks like the closest one to you is over in Yorkville... Kind of a hike just for a quick bite from a gas station.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I lived in Lacrosse for 6 months and ate a ton of their angus burgers, and of course roller tornados. Wish we had a Kwik trip or Casey’s equivalent in the western suburbs. 7-11 and speedway don’t even compare.

Id love Kwik Trip in IL. Not sure why they are not here...The food is legit, shitters are most of the time clean, and they really have anything you could need on the go. They almost have a cult following in smaller towns. I've been at some that have a line at the gas pumps. 8 people in line with 4 registers open inside. Seems like a dozen people working at one time. Like fuck this company is making a killing.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Id love Kwik Trip in IL. Not sure why they are not here...The food is legit, shitters are most of the time clean, and they really have anything you could need on the go. They almost have a cult following in smaller towns. I've been at some that have a line at the gas pumps. 8 people in line with 4 registers open inside. Seems like a dozen people working at one time. Like fuck this company is making a killing.

I talked to someone in the know about this once and I forgot the specifics. Kwik Trip and Casey’s had a handshake boundary agreement. One of them opened a sister store (forgot the name of it) in the others territory and now the agreement is off. Why we haven’t seen a southern expansion of KT I am not sure. There is a KT corporate building across the street from our office in LaCrosse that has a training store attached to it. They must throw a ton of food away every day because it’s on a dead end street in an industrial area, but that’s where they train new employees and management I guess

But have you had Casey's breakfast pizza?

many many times, and my bowels punish me severely.

Reactions: PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That patty looks pretty thin and the bun kinda dry. How can it be that crispy with such a thin coat/breading?

I'm more amazed you even ate gas station food, but sounds like this place meets Team OCD minimum standards

Kwik Trip is really the only Team OCD approved gas station food. I don't eat food at gas stations anywhere else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info