KJ lookin' out for snowmobilers

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have been in this game my whole life. I would never risk riding a unreliable sled and wouldn't think about even moderately modding something unless it was completely for racing use only. When you google search a specific model sled and you see more bad then good you know something is up. If I had said sled in question already I wouldn't be possibly be doing mods that increase power so the sled is even more unreliable I would be doing stuff that is proven to make it more reliable if anything is even available. Because at that point you really have nothing to loose.

Breaking down sucks regardless if its a blown belt or more. It sucks if you have to make your friends wait, or worse yet end the day or trip. Towing sometimes can be dangerous. Its dark, cold, you have to ride two up on a single 10 miles to the nearest place you could pick it up with a trailer. Sometimes u are stuck in a spot where the trail zig zags around icy hills. Yeah that shit sucks.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The biggest thing I can tell new riders and I see this shit all the time. STAY ON THE FUCKING TRAIL. Its not that hard. Its when you go off trail you get stuck, or hit that covered stump, and most importantly piss off the land owners. There is a reason the trails go where they go and without the permission of land owners you will not have a snowmobile trail. I don't care if u wanna go in that fresh power or ramp off that sweat jump. Stay on the trail or do that shit on your own private property.

I can tell you about almost any situation that can happen on a snowmobile. With the exception of actually falling through ice and being in water.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I have been in this game my whole life. I would never risk riding a unreliable sled and wouldn't think about even moderately modding something unless it was completely for racing use only. When you google search a specific model sled and you see more bad then good you know something is up. If I had said sled in question already I wouldn't be possibly be doing mods that increase power so the sled is even more unreliable I would be doing stuff that is proven to make it more reliable if anything is even available. Because at that point you really have nothing to loose.

Breaking down sucks regardless if its a blown belt or more. It sucks if you have to make your friends wait, or worse yet end the day or trip. Towing sometimes can be dangerous. Its dark, cold, you have to ride two up on a single 10 miles to the nearest place you could pick it up with a trailer. Sometimes u are stuck in a spot where the trail zig zags around icy hills. Yeah that shit sucks.

Right, so as I'd stated before... I'm going to ride this thing *AS IS* and see if I have issues with it. If no issues present themselves, other than the occasional belt issue (which sleds have in general BTW), then I'd consider upgrading a thing here or there so I could have the option to turn up the boost if I knew I'd be close to home, or running radar runs as an example.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
if your belt is easy to get to, zip tie it in... makes it getting stolen a lot less common

i had my belt stolen when i went out around here once. walked out from the bar and it was gone... fuckers. 120$ gone.
[MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] i'm lookin at you... everyone knows where those sleds belts are kept and how esy that front shroud is to pop off.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The biggest thing I can tell new riders and I see this shit all the time. STAY ON THE FUCKING TRAIL. Its not that hard. Its when you go off trail you get stuck, or hit that covered stump, and most importantly piss off the land owners. There is a reason the trails go where they go and without the permission of land owners you will not have a snowmobile trail. I don't care if u wanna go in that fresh power or ramp off that sweat jump. Stay on the trail or do that shit on your own private property.

I can tell you about almost any situation that can happen on a snowmobile. With the exception of actually falling through ice and being in water.

I think this is directed straight at [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] and I... maybe deserves its own thread.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think this is directed straight at [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] and I... maybe deserves its own thread.

Not really. I see it all the time. More so around this area. Everyone wants to cut a corner or take a quick blast in the field along side the trail. Land owners can just as easily close these trails. Reroutes are becoming to common now days.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
U
if your belt is easy to get to, zip tie it in... makes it getting stolen a lot less common

i had my belt stolen when i went out around here once. walked out from the bar and it was gone... fuckers. 120$ gone.
[MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] i'm lookin at you... everyone knows where those sleds belts are kept and how esy that front shroud is to pop off.

Noted. Also side note, try $180 now. It's stupid.

Well to be honest, there's a difference of being a dick at about it and riding the power lines and going into the deep ungroomed shit. But I get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info