m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Good stuff!

FUCK+YEAH+BEAVIS+AND+BUTTHEAD+GIF.gif

LOL

whats that red breather for? PCV?

it looks like its on a breather or oil catch can but its odd that it connects to the fresh metered air fitting on the N* TB then goes to the catch can and i can see a line tapped into the fronts 04+ fill neck, i dont get why there's a filter there since it would cause a vac leak condition with unmetered air entering the pcv system/tb area

Yes for the front PCV that is blocked from the phenolic plate. Rear is still functional.
Believe me, its sealed. That little air filter thing is what came on it (cheapshit) but I blocked any air coming in or out. It's actually just zip tied there until I mount it by the driver's fender.

I need land from this 13 second regal.

I have 3 regals, I win.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
but you dont need the catch can on the metered fresh air supply side of the pcv system. you put those kinds of oil seperators in between the pcv valve and the vac port of the intake, that way it takes the oil vapors out of suspension keeping it off the ic and out of the combustion chambers.
its really easy to install on an external pcv system but to keep the oem pcv valve location you have to tap the top plate and un a 90* nipple with an inside hose to the pcv valve that runs the oily air to the catch can, then drill and tap the pcv housing for another nipple to pass it back through from the catch can into the blower inlet.
this gives ya an idea of what i mean
IMG_0670.jpg

but you dont need the catch can on the metered fresh air supply side of the pcv system. you put those kinds of oil seperators in between the pcv valve and the vac port of the intake, that way it takes the oil vapors out of suspension keeping it off the ic and out of the combustion chambers.
its really easy to install on an external pcv system but to keep the oem pcv valve location you have to tap the top plate and un a 90* nipple with an inside hose to the pcv valve that runs the oily air to the catch can, then drill and tap the pcv housing for another nipple to pass it back through from the catch can into the blower inlet.
this gives ya an idea of what i mean
IMG_0670.jpg

So basically what I have set up but with the PCV plate ran to the catch can instead of the oil neck. But what do I do about the front PCV then? Also why another fitting in the inlet if there is the fresh air tube on the N*?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info