Jobs/ideas to make money at home/online

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
weeds.jpg

Buy a notebook and start watching...

Ive done about 4 now, and decided they arent even close to worth the time you put in them. You could make about $5/hr if there were enough surveys.

yeah some you will complete, some you wont. ive noticed if you do them fairly close to when it was just emailed to you, you have a better chance before thier info filling up.

like i said no way to be rich, but it is REAL money you can make and be paid out. theres are some like i did a month log survey on how much tv i watched and made like 15$ off that. to just sign up every few times and fill out a few questions. i get alot of surveys now because ive been on so long.

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
Buy a short sale or foreclosed home. Fix it and then rent it. You won't be able to sell it, but the rent can pay for the mortgage and taxes if done right. The risk is carrying that mortgage without a renter. The benefit is pretty good though. If you want to know more I could if you some pointers. I have several leases and lessons learned.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ideally you wouldn't be carrying the mortgage, but you must be prepared to.

Beyond my day job that's what I do on the side, bet you already figured that.

How about any side work (i.e. Painting homes, detailing cars, yard work, etc?)
Is that good money? I'm not keen on buying for myself right now but was considering buying a short sale condo downtown for short term corporate rentals and so I have a place to stay if I feel like staying down there.

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
None of mine are short term, but if you go through the math it makes good sense. You build equity while someone else pays for it.

I have a couple of locations that do really well for me. When your looking consider the population, transportation in the area, schools, etc. I have one in Naperville and I have been always able to rent it within 1 week time frame. Mind you my rental agreement for my townhome is the same as some of the local two bedroom apartments and with mine you get more living space and an attached garage. Stuff like this has helped me out huge.

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
My least expensive initial investment property was in Las Vegas for only $35000. It was a foreclosed so needed some repairs. I put in about another $12000. I collect rent at $800 a month. It is a two bedroom, two bath condo.

Keep in mind rates on investment properties do not get as good as a rate as your mortgage for a home you live in. Also, banks require a larger down payment, often 30% or more.

Hope this helps.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
My least expensive initial investment property was in Las Vegas for only $35000. It was a foreclosed so needed some repairs. I put in about another $12000. I collect rent at $800 a month. It is a two bedroom, two bath condo.

Keep in mind rates on investment properties do not get as good as a rate as your mortgage for a home you live in. Also, banks require a larger down payment, often 30% or more.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, but also out of my price range.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
The key to qualifying for more surveys is to say you do more grocery shopping than you actually do, and be really vague about where your family/close friends work. When i would say that someone in my family/friends works for bars or restaurants i wasn't qualifying for shit. Then today i have already done two surveys on Beer.

exactly. you gota lie on some of em. usually you do like 3 initial questions, then you do or dont get the survey. and then you start it.

sometimes i feel out for what the survey is about and kinda answer it to what seems right sometimes.

the 18 point magazine surveys, EASY AS PIE! DO THEM ALL.

quick easy $1.80. i always say yes ive read it and just fly thru those picking different shit each time. easiest and most survey i always get.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
Is anyone doing anything beyond their regular 9-5 M-F gig to earn some extra income? Whether its $50/month or $50,000/month I am interested.

My schedule right now has me working 4 days on 4 days off, which is plenty of time to be putting effort into making some additional money. A second job is pretty much out of the question. I alternate between nights and days, want to be free to come in on my days off if it is required, doubt anyone would want to work around a different schedule for me every week, and finding something I could bare to show up for all of the time probably wont happen. When it comes up, I do side work on heating/ac as well as car shit (which I hate doing) but its nowhere near steady.

I am willing to invest a very minimal amount of money in getting something going.

Ideas so far:
-Affiliate marketing
-ebay store of some sort
-online store front and just drop ship everything

:dunno:

Do some gay webcam shit. It may be creepy, but I am sure the gay guys would pay some big bucks if they liked you. Yeah you might have to put something in your ass now and then, but you will make some bank.......

exactly.

its good money...
ask all the girls that are on sites like vsex and shit

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009
It all comes down to selecting a career path that, after enough hard work, will pay you a salary you're comfortable with. If you're not in that sort of career now, change now.

Another crazy talent for ensuring there is enough $ around month to month is proper budgeting... another lost art. Google it. Crazy stuff can happen. Just sayin.

don't tell me how to spend my money bro.. viente latte everyday worth the $12 brotato.

Ebay..

i think i found a niche market, but the profit is like $.50 - $5.00 a unit sold, so i'd have to be selling like 1000x a month to make it worthwhile if you ask me... but i know there's a market in there... Plus i've seen some people sell stuff for prices CHEAPER than shipping alone should cost... idk

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
pyramid marketing!

i used to sell Rainbow Cleaners. (vacuum) i did it whenever i wanted to, and didn't worry about it when i wanted to be off or work my "normal" job. Rainbow doesn't focus on door to door sales, they base their clients off of referrals from other shows. i enjoyed doing it, i believe in the product, and i made $450 for every sale. demo's lasted anywhere from 1-4 hours depending if they bought, how talk-a-tive they were, how fun/easy going they were, ect.

i no longer due it because i switched my living and dont have the time or the drive to do it anymore. now for side/modding money, i buy craigslist items and cars and flip them with a little work

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info