🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2020 Twister Orange Mustang | Whipple Powa

General Information

I am now the 3rd owner of this 1,960 mile 2020 Twister Orange cookie cutter GT. It is a premium 401a car with performance pack, A10, active exhaust, Recaro seats, and the Bang & Olufson sound system. Car has the digital instrument cluster which I love!

A little history on the car....first owner bought the car and brought it to Lebanon Ford @122 miles. Lebanon Ford then installed a Whipple stage 2 kit, id1050x injectors, MMR billet oil pump and crank gears, and the Corsa active exhaust. This owner sold the car in May of last year with about 700 miles.

Owner 2 is a total gear head. Guy has worked for ZF Group for 25+ years and his hobby is building street cars. The shop he had on his property was fricken awesome. Id say it was about 50' x 100' and had 3 lifts with an upstairs office loft. Anyways, this guy bought the car and installed a Fore fuel system, 3.15 pumpkin, TSP longtubes, and some BMR vertical links and cradle lockout. He then had Lund tune it with an nGuage. Says he had it at the track in October and it went 9.8 @ 146 on a 2nd gear leave.

My immediate plans are to lower it about an inch, and get some street wheels. I kept my old Billet Specialties drag setup so Im good there. Next winter I'll have the A10 built and turn it up a bit.

970D4FA7-D057-4AB6-A458-96384A210931.jpeg
B7EDE914-BDDA-416E-B81C-6D577636308A.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
looks better like this, now put the billet specialities on!
Going for alignment Friday afternoon. After that I'll throw the drag setup on to see whats what.
Nice choice in wheels Jeff plus u saved a shit load of money
Man this was still pretty price in my eyes. Wheels were $2,500 and the tires were like $1,800. Then another couple hundo for TPMS and mounting/balancing. I'm $4,500 into this setup

Reactions: 01bluesnake

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Wheels is one place I never wanted to spend any money lol, my rims I ran were bought used from Dennis for 400 bucks with tires then taken off my 2014 touched up and reused on my 16 with some et streets out back

I should have bought your car I think u gave it away of course this was all before covid prices.

Reactions: 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I should have bought your car I think u gave it away of course this was all before covid prices.
It was still probably a little on the cheap side then but I drove it like it was made to be driven and it was ready for a little tlc, Jakob did a trans rebuild and a new rear diff opg’s and a gen 3r blower, he had it at the track day last year, I don’t believe he ran it but it’s been 9.5-9.6ish in the last couple years, I do miss that car it was a simple set up that ran pretty good

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Does anyone make an off the shelf chromoly driveshaft? It would be lighter than stock and good for as much power as you can throw at it for 1/3rd of that cost.
I really like the idea of the carbon so when it explodes it doesn’t destroy my car or launch me into the air…lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You needed axles for the other car as well. So kind of like your not really spending the money to add them to this car.

:D
Other car had G-Force smarty pants. I should have yanked em before I sold it…lol. Back when I bought them, I think I paid $1100-1200
Not sure if the 10 speed is that much different but I ran all my 9 second passes on stock driveshaft and axels, now it may or may not have been a ticking timebomb but it went 1.4 60’s all the time like that
From what I’m reading, the 10spd just hits harder.

Thread Info