Jeep is out Nismo is in

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
After a long run with the Niner, it became clear that I needed something more economical. Driving too and from work 79 miles round trip was starting to hurt my wallet. I’ve had the Nismo since last July and decided it’s time to make it my own.

I’m starting off small but I’ve got to move in baby steps since we’re looking to move into a new place later this year. First things first, wheels, suspension and a new hood to fix the fu*#*ng rust that came out of nowhere. By this weekend, I’ll have some progress pics up.

Anyway, for now, she’s an all stock 2013 Nismo Juke AWD. I installed a roof rack to help out on long trips when I have to pack the family in but that’s it right now. This weekend will have the fun stuff starting. Carbon fiber hood from Seibon, Coilovers from BC and I’m working on finishing my Work Design D’s. I just picked them up from media blast yesterday and polished one lip for a test section. Got to say.. I’m pretty happy with how it came out!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Well this should be an interesting adventure.

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
So here’s a little timeline for these wheels. I picked them up super cheap with how banged up the lips were. I took it as a winter project and have been shaping and smoothing these for a while now a little at a time.

On day of delivery.

One round of shaping

More shaping and ready for blasting.

After media blast

After steel wool and one round of Tripoli

Lip after 2 passes of Tripoli and one green polishing compound

These will have the full face polished and windows and drums will be in gloss black. Should be a good couple weeks before they’re ready for rubber.

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
Oh and I forgot a pic of the Nismo sooooo here she is lol

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION] likes your wagon

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
One nights project down last night. Hood and pins are on. Unfortunately the car is too small for the box to fit in so it found its way to the roof rack for the way home.

Drilling holes in this hood was a bit nerve wracking...

With templates in hand, it was time to start cutting!

My dremel was my best friend last night. Perfectly shaped openings.

And done! Super happy with the first project. Onto trying to finish up polishing the Works today and maybe start on getting coils on. Maybe my little buddy will help me out..

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Neat project!

Kind of late now but Quik-Latch makes small clean push style hood pins.

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
It’s been a long day. Started off by giving the hood a coating of Opticoat Pro. Gotta protect the investment

Then it was time to get cranking. Overall not s bad day. It sucks doing this on your own but it’s done now!

Forgot to take pictures of the front before but you can use your imagination from the rear pic lol. It was about as bad. Didn’t drop too much. Only an inch and a half to two inches.

Also went ahead and installed the dampener extensions in the rear. These are perfect. Never have to remove the access panel to adjust dampening!

I’ll get a better picture in the morning when it isn’t pitch black outside and I’m not wiped out lol

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This thread has me strangely aroused.

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
I always liked the looks of the Juke. Wish the nismo came in manual though.

Nismo does come in manual! There is a trade off though. You loose AWD if you get the manual option. I wanted the car specifically for the AWD system so I got stuck with the CVT. It is relatively responsive though. I really anticipated the CVT to be reminiscent of the early 2000s Acura transmissions where it would shift for you, carry a couple second lag between shifts or just all around suck. This one really is snappier than I expected

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Out of all the CVT cars we drove, the Nissan “shifted” the best. Felt sporty for sure.

The Honda one would just hit an rpm and sit there and nothing happened. It was horrible.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
Nismo does come in manual! There is a trade off though. You loose AWD if you get the manual option. I wanted the car specifically for the AWD system so I got stuck with the CVT. It is relatively responsive though. I really anticipated the CVT to be reminiscent of the early 2000s Acura transmissions where it would shift for you, carry a couple second lag between shifts or just all around suck. This one really is snappier than I expected

Oh yea that’s what it was, lose awd... I knew it was something because I looked at them years ago.

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
Always looks better clean and in the daylight. Just need to finish wheels now

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
Shameless photo dump because, well, it looked good sitting in the driveway.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ive only ever one of these in Nismo form in person. I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at at first :rofl:

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
I realize now seeing that you had a ZJ 5.9 and now this that we both worked at Woodward Niles.

Looks good on the BCs!

SinisterZJ

Reaction score
I realize now seeing that you had a ZJ 5.9 and now this that we both worked at Woodward Niles.

Looks good on the BCs!

Woah for real?? Yeah that was me. Niner got sold last year when it was eating into my wallet driving from oak lawn lol

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Woah for real?? Yeah that was me. Niner got sold last year when it was eating into my wallet driving from oak lawn lol
Yeah I worked in the actuation repairs area. You were in motor repairs. I transferred to the Fort Collins location last month.

I had the yellow SVT Focus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom