HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
woah. hold the phone

2wd 5.3 escalade?

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/orlando-cadillac-escalade-with-126k/6803448342.html

00z0z_lwx3bPRxMXw_600x450.jpg

found southwest 1 way flight to orlando for $51!!! lol

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Again, maybe city life plays a bigger role. I use it more in summer than winter. Some driveways down here are absolutely insane and have sink holes.

Anytime we catch a piece of land for sale we go check it out, alot are driven through forest and shit where it can get sketchy. Not to mention how many farm fields I go through getting to a broken truck or tractor, etc.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
As usual, it depends on your intended use. 2wd obviously means less weight and less to maintain/break/fix.

I rock my 2wd with snow tires when ever it looks like it will be dicey with snow and ice. And I own a AWD vehicle too. Snow tires are the major upgrade with 2wd and snow/ice.

But Ya, hillbilly backroads and hill climbing 4wd has a big advantage. Especially that gearing.

Some people also don't know what finesse is. All they know is hammer down! LMAO

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
They dont use rock salt here and we have constant thaw freeze cycles so it gets icy more than straight snow on the ground, couple that with elevation changes (it’s a 1000ft difference between my home and work) and I’ve literally never had an issue. Tires and driving style is more than enough to not end up in a ditch.

I see people full throttle and traction control going bonkers up the main street by my house all the time and just :rofl: People stacking up behind them as they hold up traffic and get sideways in a fwd vehicle. It’s not that fucking hard.

Also soft roading up mountain roads in 2wd is fine too. Did it in the Silverado and the Sierra and both were even lowered :rofl: Meanwhile dudes in built XJ’s all “I’m an off-roader!!!”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info