jalopnik: best full size pickup under 40k

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
It did but I was the only one who noticed it. The livernois tune is how they should of come. Despite it not being balls out like 5-star and some of these other tuners it fixed any and every small gripe I had with the truck. Mostly this centered around transmission shifting programming but I was the only one in my family who noticed that problem too.
Man I noticed it on the test drive big time.

The shift strategies are horrible! Sometimes I'll step on the gas in my work truck and wait a second for it to figure out which gear it wants, then I wait another second for the turbo to spool and the thing takes off. Maybe I'll look into a tuner for the work van...lol
Jeff's truck is sc I'm sure the crew u have is heavier with the long box. I think it might be an even race

New F series are lighter Gomez I'd bet he still might be lighter than me. Plus with a tune there is no way my truck will touch an Eco. I am currently waiting for MPT to release an E85 tune. Mike from MPT told me it's their top priority right now so hopefully soon. Right now I'm just running an 87 tune from SSI

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
26mpg to Mississippi, averaging 78-80 mph. Just sayin'.

Yeah, an ecoboost isn't gonna touch that, at least until the 10 speed comes out. There is only a 15 cent difference between unleaded and diesel around here now. A year ago, it was much more economical for me to trade my 14mpg diesel for a gas pickup that got 10mpg. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
For [MENTION=19]Kay Jay[/MENTION]

CLIFFS: You can skip the middle 8 minutes of the video. I did, and got just as much out of it :rofl: they filled it to the brim, did a 45 minute loop, and went back to the same station/pump and topped off again. They compared the trip computer with the miles per gallons refilled, and were within .2 mpg (computer said 23 MPG, calc said 22.8) EPA for their truck was 23 MPG highway

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info