Its ok bro, his dad is a lawyer

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
He (and his friends for some reason) got banned from Royal Caribbean for life...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man...es-jumping-off-ship-viral-fame-205324887.html

Although Naydev’s post doesn’t capture anything that happened after the fall, a comment clarifies that he was picked up by a small boat and brought onto the ship by cops to gather his things and leave. In the meantime, Kryachun took to his own Instagram to document the interrogation he and his other three friends faced before the ship’s authorities kicked them off the boat as well.

Representatives from Royal Caribbean Cruises have also called the incident “stupid.”

“This was stupid and reckless behavior, and he and his companions have been banned from ever sailing with us again,” a spokesperson tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “We are exploring legal action.”

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, you guys that have jumping from 30ish feet, is there a specific way you should try to land in the water? I'm assuming the "toothpick" isn't a great method since you'll go really deep.

30ish feet is about the same as a 10m diving platform, Olympic height.

You can pretty much jump straight off and go feet first. When you hit the water bend a bit at your hips and it will cause you to roll backwards as you descend in the water. It'll turn your downward motion into horizontal motion and you won't go as deep.

I took diving lessons as a kid since I grew up in a condo complex that had a spring board and a 10ft deep end. The board was probably 6-8ft high, nothing outrageous. But they did eventually take it away due to liability concerns.

I was just looking to see what the official requirement is for how deep a pool needs to be under a 10m platform. Looks like 5meters, or ~16.5ft.
Official Guidelines
All pools must follow strict guidelines set forth by FINA, regarding the depth of the water when a diving board and stand is installed. At a minimum, a pool with a one-meter springboard must be 11.5 feet deep at a point directly underneath the tip of the diving board. For a three-meter springboard or five-meter platform, the water depth must be 12.5 feet (4 meters) deep, and 16 feet (5 meters) deep for a 10-meter platform. These pool depths are always listed either on the pool deck or on the side of the pool.

The diving well for Olympic diving must be at least five meters deep. This allows it to be used for the 10-meter platform diving competition and the 3-meter springboard competition.

Ran across this tidbit. LoL. 32ft stopping in under 2ft if you belly flop. OUCH.

Hitting the water flat in a belly flop from 10 meters would be very painful and could result in injury, but would result in a stop about one foot under the surface.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
30ish feet is about the same as a 10m diving platform, Olympic height.

You can pretty much jump straight off and go feet first. When you hit the water bend a bit at your hips and it will cause you to roll backwards as you descend in the water. It'll turn your downward motion into horizontal motion and you won't go as deep.

I took diving lessons as a kid since I grew up in a condo complex that had a spring board and a 10ft deep end. The board was probably 6-8ft high, nothing outrageous. But they did eventually take it away due to liability concerns.

I was just looking to see what the official requirement is for how deep a pool needs to be under a 10m platform. Looks like 5meters, or ~16.5ft.

Ran across this tidbit. LoL. 32ft stopping in under 2ft if you belly flop. OUCH.

I have seen several people belly flop of a 10m at Portage Park pool in the city.
Not on purpose either, shit looked painful as fuck, lol. Iirc their diving pool is 16'-17' deep. Have touched the bottom pretty much every time jumping off the 10m

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I wonder how many feet that jump was off the cruise ship.

it says he jumped off the 11th story of the Symphony of the Seas. If each story is 10ft then that's about 110ft. More than 3x the height of an olympic high dive.

Thats a big ass ship.

SymphonyOfTheSeas_%28cropped%29_02.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info