It works for ry@n...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
got a question. where the hell does that small heat shield go on stock exhaust? it goes on one of the 2 bolt connections.... front or rear on the crossover?

its been a while since ive had stock exhaust...

rear x over connection to the rear manifold, two bolts with the studs on top go in the rear connection and are tightened then that shield goes over the stud portions and are secured with nuts.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
rear x over connection to the rear manifold, two bolts with the studs on top go in the rear connection and are tightened then that shield goes over the stud portions and are secured with nuts.

ahhh got it. haha too bad i used allen head bolts to put it together. stock studs are long gone...:ugh:

thanks for the info!

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
eh not if you know what your doing. i just pull the dogbones and use a threaded rod and pull the engine forward a few inches. makes getting the rear one on a breeze.

true, Hbody has no dogbones so i can just take a puck out of my front trans mount and rock it forward. My front mount is a threaded rod already since the stock one is garbage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info