🔧 BUILD It ain't much, but it's an honest man's work. 2023 Colorado

General Information

Yeeeep. I finally did it.
1694607993260.png

1694608066545.png

Life was good after selling a Pontiac for a fair profit and spending the week in Hilton Head. On the way home, I realized that vacation was over in more ways than one. My wife was due to pop in about three weeks, my garage was full of disassembled Camaro, and my daily driver was a clapped out 2-door in need of several k worth of repairs even if I did the work myself. I decided to cut ties with yet another Volvo and get the truck I needed now more than ever. My very uncomfortable wife helped pick this thing up right on the border of Ohio. I fed her Skyline Chili to ease the pain. :sick: Native Hoosiers love that shit.

I've already put 100 miles on it, so here are my first impressions. It kinda rides like dog shit, but it's a truck. I'll have to get over it. It doesn't seem much worse than my dad's Tacoma or the C30 with blown shocks though. Maybe it'll smooth out as it breaks in. The power is there and I love that, but the stock throttle pedal and down shifting situation is going to give me AIDS. I will not make the same mistake with this truck as I did with the Volvo. As soon as a tune is available for getting rid of torque management, I will buy it. Rear knee room may be a bit tight for getting a reverse facing baby seat in there. We'll see. Those are all my negatives. I LOVE the way this thing looks inside and out. I hated how in the previous generations the dash made your lack of options very obvious. This truck is only an LT 2 and the dash still has the same size screen and looks great. I'm pretty blown away by the infotainment because I was actually able to set it up with my phone and figure out all the controls relatively easily. That's a saying a lot because I'm pretty technologically challenged. :LOL: I still have a lot to figure out, but I'm digging it so far. What I was looking for all along was a black truck with the typical essentials, heated seats, towing package, remote start, respectable looks, and all for under 40k out the door. I got it. (y)

First "mod" will be a spray-in bed liner.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I like mine, it's versatile and I can still park in 90% of the spots in the city.

My gen 2, I have a tonneau cover and I just picked up a load bar that I'm using in the back to secure totes and things like that.
This reminds me that I made a u-turn during my test drive and was very happy with the turning radius. It's probably about equal to my C30 which says both great things about the truck and horrible things about the Volvo. lol

Drove it with the windows down for the first time, and was surprised at the amount of turbo noise I heard. I like it! I was pleasantly surprised to see that this engine takes 5W-30. I thought for sure it would be 5W-20 at most.

Reactions: sktchy

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Thanks everyone!

Thank you TCG for talking me out of a Tacoma. I already appreciate the higher build quality. Hopefully this thing is somewhat of a cock roach like my previous daily drivers, but also nicer.
Man I love the truck but I cringe thinking about what the payments cost. Given your place in life with a wife and a baby I think it was a solid move to have a hopefully reliable daily and you've been wanting a truck for a while
My payments are $0/mo 😁

Is it 2 or 4 WD? What are your plans for it?
2wd. I know this isn't most people's choice, but I've never seen the value in it for how I'd use the truck. I'd rather eliminate potential expensive issues down the road. Plans are to get the bed lined and daily drive it. I will tow a car once a year to the GS Nationals in KY and occasionally drive dirty car parts home in the bed. I might do some little things like intake, exhaust, and tune when that stuff becomes available, but realistically I'll just drive it until it falls apart like my Volvo.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Thanks everyone!

Thank you TCG for talking me out of a Tacoma. I already appreciate the higher build quality. Hopefully this thing is somewhat of a cock roach like my previous daily drivers, but also nicer.

My payments are $0/mo 😁

2wd. I know this isn't most people's choice, but I've never seen the value in it for how I'd use the truck. I'd rather eliminate potential expensive issues down the road. Plans are to get the bed lined and daily drive it. I will tow a car once a year to the GS Nationals in KY and occasionally drive dirty car parts home in the bed. I might do some little things like intake, exhaust, and tune when that stuff becomes available, but realistically I'll just drive it until it falls apart like my Volvo.
We almost never use 4wd. And I say that because I probably used it once and can't remember.

I put bags in the first year and I haven't since.. but we have #DURATRACS so that may be why.

Well that and it basically doesn't snow much anymore. 🤣

Thread Info