🚘 Automotive iPass Stickers

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Wouldn't it operate the same? When you go up to the booth, hold it against the windshield, no?

This is a way for them to push individual stickers for each vehicle you have vs. just taking your transponder between them.

I already have 2 transponders and holding it up to the windshield is annoying as fuck and a waste of energy. I like to actually pay attention to the road vs fumbling for a sticker to hold it up every time I go through a toll.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Just put it on your front license plate greasy greasy :s00ls: You won't be able to, but I'll probably put the fucker on the sunroof, just because I hate having things on the windshield as it draws more attention to it being tinted.

Being RFID they should be able to be picked up from a better distance/through an object. I'd be curious to test it in various spots in your car - since they're linked to your plate anyway, you'll be billed accordingly. Kinda dumb they don't just go off your plate, but they fuck that up just as much as anything, so I'm not surprised.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I already have 2 transponders and holding it up to the windshield is annoying as fuck and a waste of energy. I like to actually pay attention to the road vs fumbling for a sticker to hold it up every time I go through a toll.
I've never had an issue, even in the Burb where the windshield is 6 miles away from me.

The stickers are free. They don't require a deposit like the transponders did.
I know. But they are pushing for something in every vehicle you plan to use for awhile now. A sticker is a little more permanent than the transponder which by using the velcro stickies, you could take it between vehicles much easier. There was legislation someone tried to introduce a couple years ago that would require any vehicle sold in Illinois (or maybe it was the chicago area) and to be licensed here, to be sold with I-pass because they wanted to expand it's reach beyond the tollway, to monitor your mileage and potentially tax you on mileage driven or some shit.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Just put it on your front license plate greasy greasy :s00ls: You won't be able to, but I'll probably put the fucker on the sunroof, just because I hate having things on the windshield as it draws more attention to it being tinted.

Being RFID they should be able to be picked up from a better distance/through an object. I'd be curious to test it in various spots in your car - since they're linked to your plate anyway, you'll be billed accordingly. Kinda dumb they don't just go off your plate, but they fuck that up just as much as anything, so I'm not surprised.

I ain't got no sunroof in the Mach Juan!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I ain't got no sunroof in the Mach Juan!
dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

Maybe I can sneak her in between the roof liner and the roof, see if it takes there.
I'd definitely give that a go. I might even do that, just so it's out of sight, out of mind. Don't need a sticker taking up space on this lovely pano-roof.

Reactions: greasy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

The problem with it being linked to your plate and not be read going thru the toll. After either 3 or 5 times a month, u get hit for full price on the tolls. It happens in my Wagoneer like every other month

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I will actually prefer the current transponder, even though I do what greasy greasy does, holding it up to the window. The unit bounces between the car, truck, and motorcycles. If it is a little RFID sticker I'll lose it, just like I've lost two of the temporary Florida Sun Pass RFID stickers.

Most of the times, when I'm on the motorcycle, it is in my pocket, and I don't even bother to pull it out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Haven't gotten a notification from them for years now,

Fuck 'em anyways. Tolls are bullshit, and the roads are worse.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I will actually prefer the current transponder, even though I do what greasy greasy does, holding it up to the window. The unit bounces between the car, truck, and motorcycles. If it is a little RFID sticker I'll lose it, just like I've lost two of the temporary Florida Sun Pass RFID stickers.

Most of the times, when I'm on the motorcycle, it is in my pocket, and I don't even bother to pull it out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Haven't gotten a notification from them for years now,

Fuck 'em anyways. Tolls are bullshit, and the roads are worse.
Except, since the RFID stickers will be free, you can get as many as you'd want between all of your vehicles.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Anyone actually grab one of these yet? I have been mulling over getting rid of the bulky transponder, but not a fan of a sticker being mounted in plain sight on the windshield. Would love to know if you can hide it somewhere and still have it register.

Just get a plate mounted one.

367139d1245884277-ez-pass-hate-the-look-solution-found-transponder_on_plate-63847770.jpg

Thread Info