29196769_1801386433215569_5533152701820436480_n.jpg

29177851_1801386539882225_7236980873982115840_n.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Sorry you fell that way, I never mentioned my business name or contact number, just sharing pictures.

there's no ill will, but as I'm sure you can understand, I would like to keep this thread " on topic"

which would pertain to my brothers projects.

You don't have many posts but the ones you do have are in here...so, I'm sure many of the members on the board would like to see your work in a dedicated thread.

this way, there's no confusion.
:jg:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I contacted your brother a few months ago for a quote to fix all the shit Comcast fucked up. He said he was insanely busy and if I decided to use someone else he wouldnt care. I see why, my measly $1500 quote compared to that basement, lol. Your brother has some serious talent!!!

I wouldn't be concerned with the dollar value of the quote.
For many years his amount of work has fluctuated ( the ole feast or famine line ) so you may have caught him at a busy time.

He has had larger projects recently, so being a 1 to 2 man show, he gets tied up.
Honest and up front, this way there are no false promises... Time is a limited commodity.

Did you have the work done ?
and I will be sure to pass along the kind words, thanks !

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I wouldn't be concerned with the dollar value of the quote.
For many years his amount of work has fluctuated ( the ole feast or famine line ) so you may have caught him at a busy time.

He has had larger projects recently, so being a 1 to 2 man show, he gets tied up.
Honest and up front, this way there are no false promises... Time is a limited commodity.

Did you have the work done ?
and I will be sure to pass along the kind words, thanks !

Totally understand.
I did the painting and patching inside the house. Still havent had the siding repaired. Still fighting with Comcast as they dont want to approve the whole amount.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Same here. He came and spent a good 40 minutes looking and measuring for a kitchen and bathroom. He got me a quote and it looked great. But he told me he was going to sign papers to take on this basement project. So he would not be able to get to my projects for 6-8 months. He also said he had a developer buying condos in the city and he had two to do. And that might lead to a whole lot more work. Meaning the next several years he might be on the same developer's projects. Which I think would lead to expanding his business. I told him to please keep me in mind for the kitchen even if it becomes fill-in work between jobs or due to a cancellation. I hope he does well. I am sure he will. Just means I have to find another good person for the jobs I have. hahaha

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Same here. He came and spent a good 40 minutes looking and measuring for a kitchen and bathroom. He got me a quote and it looked great. But he told me he was going to sign papers to take on this basement project. So he would not be able to get to my projects for 6-8 months. He also said he had a developer buying condos in the city and he had two to do. And that might lead to a whole lot more work. Meaning the next several years he might be on the same developer's projects. Which I think would lead to expanding his business. I told him to please keep me in mind for the kitchen even if it becomes fill-in work between jobs or due to a cancellation. I hope he does well. I am sure he will. Just means I have to find another good person for the jobs I have. hahaha

Since he works 8-10 or so hours a day and lives outside of Joliet... I do not talk to my brother that often...I mean we trade texts throughout the week and during Hawks games but my parents usually ask if he has work :rofl:

I haven't heard anything more about the condos but then again maybe I haven't had that long of a conversation with him.

Glad to see the support from TCG even if he isn't always available.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I would be interested in his info...

We have two projects (well, the Wife has one, I have the other...)

1) Finish our 90% complete finished basement at the house in Elgin. Stuff like casings around doors, finishing the bathroom flooring, enclosing the floor supports, baseboards, carpeting, finishing window wells, maybe some recessed lighting and shelfing in a built in book case thing we designed in, etc, etc...

2) At the WeGo house, this past winter, I had a part of the roof fail, damaging the inside of one room significantly. It is a lot of drywall work mostly. My drywalling skills are feabile. :D I tried in my garage and did an "ok" job, but for a third bedroom (which this is), I think I want something a little more professional.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Just had my front door replaced by [MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] brother John. He did an awesome job, went from a single entry to a double door. High quality install, looks like it has always been there. Thanks again @gav’spurplez for the referral. I any trying to get John back for a new set of stairs and new sliding door in the fall.

Before:
View attachment 32116

After:
View attachment 32117

:jg:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I would be interested in his info...

We have two projects (well, the Wife has one, I have the other...)

1) Finish our 90% complete finished basement at the house in Elgin. Stuff like casings around doors, finishing the bathroom flooring, enclosing the floor supports, baseboards, carpeting, finishing window wells, maybe some recessed lighting and shelfing in a built in book case thing we designed in, etc, etc...

2) At the WeGo house, this past winter, I had a part of the roof fail, damaging the inside of one room significantly. It is a lot of drywall work mostly. My drywalling skills are feabile. :D I tried in my garage and did an "ok" job, but for a third bedroom (which this is), I think I want something a little more professional.

I will send you a PM, I apologize for the late response.
Tuesday was my nephews bday and work this week ( back from vacation ) has been busy.

sending now !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info