TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
In what world is a measured 0-60 time of 3.8 seconds "obnoxiously poor performance"? The V10 R8 of the same vintage did it in 3.7 seconds. The Gallardo did it in 4.2 seconds. Carrera Gt 3.5 seconds. Enzo 3.5 seconds. Those are all objectively respected cars. This obviously doesn't have the top end of those cars but was never really meant to either. It was a showcase of what you could accomplish in terms of performance and efficiency with what (at the time) BMW thought the future of cars looked like. And that makes it cool as hell. The fact that they got it so absurdly wrong and needlessly over engineered this car puts in a class of of one.

The i8 does it with a fucking three cylinder engine and costs less to operate than my kid's Power Wheels. GTFO here with that shit. :rofl:
I'll stand by a 12.6 quarter mile @ 111mph (as sourced in my previous post) and lap times 37 seconds slower than a Honda civic (also sourced previously) as "obnoxiously poor performance" given that people try to market it as a "supercar" and BMW attempted to price it new at $150k (although gives it away through lease, and available used for ~$50k). And "does it with 3 cylinders and cost no gas" reminds me of ricers back in the day falling back on "but but horsepower per liter is what matters bro!" Lastly, as mentioned by someone else in this thread, are these even modifiable? If not, that also sucks more than half the fun out of having a toy car (you can modify your kids power wheels).

So sure, it has a respectable 0-60 time and is obnoxiously poor in every other performance category. Rosie O'Donnell has big tits.....she's still disgusting and not as hot as Cardi B!

Thread Info