FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I think you need to do the right thing

78b30a9977e0f11af276a98b077c656d.jpg

If I was spending $40k I’d probably do a used 6.2 Sierra over a 3.5EB Ford. [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] convinced me

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Just did a search of tundra’s to see if there were any I liked. Seems like used wok low miles you can’t really get anything aside from a work truck for under $27k in Crew cab. The nicer ones just don’t do anything for me

You looking for a newer truck? The 2010 I have is older in styling interior and exterior, but enjoyable none the less. Still the same drivetrain as the brand new ones and just as capable.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I've had SERIOUS issues keeping cars that are feature low for any length of time.

I find that I keep cars with a decent amount of tech/features FAR longer (My current Mustang, our Cooper(s), and start to resent bare-bones cars pretty quickly.

I've seriously considered buying a Ram multiple times; but I simply wouldn't buy anything other than a reasonably loaded one (Center console, 8.1 UConnect, Backup Camera at the minimum ontop of 4X4/5.7/CC).

They are SILLY cheap brand new right now; you can get a 45,000 MSRP Stickered truck for like $32,000 right off the lot (ram), so I'd strongly recommend against used there.

You will get better interest rates, more features, and it won't have an unknown history before you.

Good thinking, there are some left over 2017’s for killer deals. http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1b5f4538

I’m a little less worried about tech. I’ve had my taurus 4 years and the only options were leather and AWD. No back up camera, nothing , doesn’t bother me

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You looking for a newer truck? The 2010 I have is older in styling interior and exterior, but enjoyable none the less. Still the same drivetrain as the brand new ones and just as capable.

Yeah, ideally 2015-2017. I’d stretch and consider this ‘14 though

<40k Miles is a must

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Good thinking, there are some left over 2017’s for killer deals. http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1b5f4538

I’m a little less worried about tech. I’ve had my taurus 4 years and the only options were leather and AWD. No back up camera, nothing , doesn’t bother me

There's a dealer in... Iowa? or Idaho? that is a Non-Negotiating volume dealer that offer straight bottom-dollar deals with every incentive.

I know [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] linked it before.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
make sure you get an extended range gas tank.the 5.7 hemi or 6.4 hemi or the 6.2 ls will suck your wallet dry.

The 5.7 hemi seems to get pretty good gas mileage on the highway. In my experience, the displacement on demand works well. I usually get 20-21 mpg with cruise control set at 70. That goes down to around 14 mpg with my open trailer and fox body in tow.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
As some of you know i've been window shopping trucks for a few months because I might buy one in the spring.

In the spring = stroke
c6a1ab724d6c66e901499b2ead2d5101.jpeg

You brag about how cheap it is to live in IN ya damn FIP. You’re a dual income no kids DINK... come on man. I thought you were a smart buyer? Buy when the deals are good on a new truck!!! Sign and drive!

Very disappointed in you.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Everything you are writing sounds like you are partial to the Dodge. Why don't you go with your wife and both of you drive the Ford then see what she thinks of the comparison/price. Happy wife... If you buy the Ford without including her she may compare it to the cheaper Dodge forever.

I am going to take her to drive the ford. And I’m gonna take alux to drive the ram otherwise I’ll never hear the end of it lol

I know the Ford has more options, but my concerns over longevity and the fact that the tech isn’t that important to me has me wondering if it’s worth 8-9k more. I’m not convinced it is but that might change

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i sold my 2012 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi and got the 2016 f 150 with the 3.5 ecoboost.dodge was reliable .had it for 5 years .bought brand new but it does not compare with the ford.f 150 lighter.better fuel mileage .better quality interior.ride i think the ram was just better due to the coil springs all around but the truck felt like a big boat.hard to stop.brakes lasted on the ram for over 50000 miles even with all the towing which was a surprise.never had an issue until it got t boned by a range rover.it had over 10000 dollar damage.took the hit like a champ.

Is the fuel economy really that much better with the 3.5?

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I have that RAM 1500 (2016). I picked it up brand new. The incentives offered at that time were crazy. It has the better touch screen radio. Other than that, pretty much the same truck. The 5.7/8sp is bad ass in it. Great gas mileage, has power from the bottom to top and is super smooth.
The interior isn't top notch by any means, but it isn't bad. It's real comfortable and the back seats have plenty of room. We road trip with it all the time and it's one of the better rides I've had. I recommend the RAM.
It you can look for a new one. You can find them just a bit more expensive with all the rebates and you'll get a better rate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info