I went to Alaska, took some pictures.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
These are great pics KJ. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

As far as driving here - I've done it twice. Once from Chicago and once from Portland. And I'm getting ready to drive from here to Arizona. Both times, it took me a week. Chicago because its far. And Portland because I was driving a 26' UHaul towing a dump trailer with my wife's Jeep in it so I couldn't really get above 60 MPH. Its an absolutely beautiful drive through western Canada. Wasn't overly impressed with Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming or Montana. I would highly recommend doing it if you have the chance.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Looks awesome! Be glad you went in the summer, the winter time is a whole different animal. Did you see the Northern Lights? They're beautiful up there.

We have a test facility in Fairbanks, AK that I used to visit frequently for work. I mostly flew out there. But I have drove a semi from Denver to Fairbanks. Talk about a memorable trip!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Looks awesome! Be glad you went in the summer, the winter time is a whole different animal. Did you see the Northern Lights? They're beautiful up there.

We have a test facility in Fairbanks, AK that I used to visit frequently for work. I mostly flew out there. But I have drove a semi from Denver to Fairbanks. Talk about a memorable trip!

yeah not really dark out now sooo not much as far as northern lights.

id really like to see/experience it in the winter.

that's awesome that you got to be paid to make that drive

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
We just got back from our trip up there. WOW what an amazing place to see. It makes you realize how small we really are compared to the world.
We did so much while we were there I can't think of where to begin. We did the tram at Mt. Alyeska. We also hiked it. We hiked to the top of Flat Top Mountain. We also hiked back down Flat Top in pouring rain. That made the rock section super sketchy. Well the whole way down sketchy. We saw wild moose and mountain rams. A few friends had a run in with a bear out for a stroll by our AirBNB. We saw harbor porpuses (sp). That was just a couple of the highlights, although the whole trip was a highlight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info