I always said it would never happen to me

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So if the Roomba is busy doing its thing (assumingly unattended) and it runs over a big load of dog poop, does it just keep going and smear the poop all over the rest of the carpet?

Probably yes, right?

IKSMwXR.jpg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
That's probably why he's puking. Cats really shouldn't be eating dry kibble, even if it's a prescription diet.

They will get fat, puke and eventually have kidney failure because of it. Trust me, I had to go through this with my cat. He was also on prescription dry food and it really wasn't working. Once I switched him to wet food only, he dropped a bunch of weight and got all his energy back.

That dry food is bad news.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:dunno: Hes got plenty of energy. Has maintained his weight forever....other than eating dimes and carpet, hes super healthy. I mean I'm not saying a dry only diet is the best for cats, but its worked for him so far. Most of the time when he yacks, its hair related.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
The wife said something similar about our cat.
She said "Well, he likes the dry food" and kept feeding it to him for years, despite my warnings. He ended up dying of kidney failure due to the poor diet. It was years of painful decline with the need for constant medical care and a huge expense with Vet bills and all his meds.

I don't mean to "preach", but having been though that with our cat, I don't want to see it happen to anyone else. You have a very handsome cat and I hope he lives a long life.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
The wife said something similar about our cat.
She said "Well, he likes the dry food" and kept feeding it to him for years, despite my warnings. He ended up dying of kidney failure due to the poor diet. It was years of painful decline with the need for constant medical care and a huge expense with Vet bills and all his meds.

I don't mean to "preach", but having been though that with our cat, I don't want to see it happen to anyone else. You have a very handsome cat and I hope he lives a long life.

How old was he ?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
how do you know it wasn't just age that got the cat. 15 is old. how old do you expect them to go on for?

as for the food issue. every animal is different, some things that work well for some, don't work well for others. but i agree, find what works best for your pet and stick with it.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXGI5AK/?tag=tcg21-20

We have a Bobsweep Junior robo vac that we use on our main floor where the dogs are. It does a nice job overall. I only use it when we are around now, because it one time ran over our senior Golden Retriever's tail while he was sleeping. It got tangled up in the long tail hair, and then the poor dog ran around the family room and up onto the couch with it still clinging on. It shut itself off, but it was wound up pretty good on his tail. Poor guy had a "would you get this fucking thing off my tail/why would you do this?!" look on his face. So, yeah, now we only let it work when we are around to keep an eye on things. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info