I-90 epicenter of construction

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I see your point, however tollways are not the only means of getting around. There is no way that roads can be maintained without the revenue from the tolls. Taxes would dramatically increase. I don't wanna pay more by default every year, and I'm sure you don't either. Look at Wisconsin, they have no tolls, higher income tax than Illinois and their roads are horrible.

It is simple to boycott the toll hikes, don't drive the tollway.

Boycotting the tolls would be a problem, mostly for the hundreds of thousands of people who have to use it every day to get to work and back.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
And the 53 north expansion won't be touched until the team of lawyers in Long Grove die or change their minds about having an expressway in their backyard. The land is there and the right of way for expansion is there but those assclowns keep filing injunctions to prevent the construction of Rt 53 from Lake Cook Rd all the way up to 120. Google build 53 and you'll understand.

We already talked about this in great detail. I was even told I was being selfish by a smug umpa lumpa. :drums: :pedobear: :panda:

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31084&highlight=long+grove

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
I work in Elk Grove right off Elmhurst road & 72 and we've had alot of land surveyors, noise polution people as well as a ton of Realtors stop by our place in the past year. The plan for that area is to finally extend elgin/ohare and run it along Thorndale rd to actually reach the airport.
They are also going to run a split from Thorndale and Elmhurst road off the new elgin/ohare to I90 which is a few miles north.
They will also be making the Elmhurst road exit a full exchange exit so you will be able to get on going east and west instead of having to go all the way to Arlington heights road to get on going westbound.

Ive seen the maps of the proposed plans and all I know is its going to screw up traffic by work for along time. I think they estimate it will be done by 2018.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I work in Elk Grove right off Elmhurst road & 72 and we've had alot of land surveyors, noise polution people as well as a ton of Realtors stop by our place in the past year. The plan for that area is to finally extend elgin/ohare and run it along Thorndale rd to actually reach the airport.
They are also going to run a split from Thorndale and Elmhurst road off the new elgin/ohare to I90 which is a few miles north.
They will also be making the Elmhurst road exit a full exchange exit so you will be able to get on going east and west instead of having to go all the way to Arlington heights road to get on going westbound.

Ive seen the maps of the proposed plans and all I know is its going to screw up traffic by work for along time. I think they estimate it will be done by 2018.

before they started the construction on lake st ( rt20) i was taking 20 to the EO to wooddale rd for work.

hopefully im outta there once this starts.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
This is why I live in the same town that I work in :jg:

But seriously that shit is gonna suck!!! The 90 construction going west towards Rockford already sucks ass! At times it is easier to just take the streets instead of the highway even though it tacks on an extra 30 minutes for the drive I make out to janesville because at times you'll get stuck in traffic and that delays a person 30 minutes to an hour anyways.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i'm with whoever was trying to say that chicago drivers suck. i got ran into a fuckin curb by a jerkass driver and smashed up my rims :-(

i don't think more lanes is going to solve that problem.

on another note, i've been a hippie and have been riding my bike to work every day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info