NEW RIDE I’m running out of space.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
What’s the plan for the addressing the new cam and the reluctor wheel? Can you somehow pin it on both cams to prevent this from happening in the future?

it’s not a terribly common problem. Even if that was my problem, the chances of it happening again would be unlikely. But I’ve heard of some people that clean up the area and put some Loctite on it. That would probably be sufficient I would imagine.

You’ll find this funny….the Hellcat crank pulley is NOT keyed. Some folks who didn’t know better or were too lazy, would pulley down which would increase the chance for the crank pulley to spin on the crankshaft which basically junks the motor

That sucks.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Couple projects this past couple days. The panel behind the solar roof was completely faded. I was worried about having it re-sprayed and it not matching the super dark blue metallic black paint but then I realized that panel is black no matter what color Karma you have. $15 later and I had a 36" x 6" piece of 3M vinyl off Amazon for $15.00. I've never done vinyl before but after watching a 5 minute Youtube video I was a seasoned veteran.

The process wasn't so bad. I hit the area with some 800 grit sand paper since I wasn't worried about the paint. I cleaned that up with some rubbing alcohol. Applied the film slowly and cut out the edges. If I had it to do over again, I'd tuck the edge underneath the weather stripping on each side but that's really splitting hairs. The pictures are unimpressive because it came out looking stock which is exactly what I was after. So mission accomplished.

tempImagemIwO2D.jpg

tempImagevDPrG4.jpg

tempImageramG6b.jpg

tempImageINDlXl.jpg

Thread Info