• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

How to relieve fuel pressure without valve...

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
I'm blanking right now... isn't there a fuse I should pull and then crank it til it wont start any more?

I have my fuel pressure sender on my fuel rail and need to pull one of my injectors and I want to do my fuel filter..

should I pull the fuse for the fuel pump and just leave it on til it dies or....?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
pull the fuse, let it die. try to start it a few times. change the filter.
after that any pressure left will be relased when you unscrew the sender. put a towel around it to block any spray or gas that might leak when you do it

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
lol last time i did a fuel filter. i got gas in my eyes. even with the pressure relieved, and I wasn't even under the car. it sucked.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bah just spill some fuel when you pop the quick connect fitting on the filter.

lol
Yes, that. :)

Just don't hold your face anywhere near the under side of the car like KJ does :wavey:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
haha. my face wasn't under the car. godamn it. i dont know how it happened. but it sucked.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
awwwup eagles got jokes.

it splashed out of the pan into my eyes.

go to mulligans with me in a few and drink beers.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd love to but I've already hit 2 12oz dew and socos.... hence the jokes. :D

Give a man some warning, dude! I'd love to hit a few up with you.... and i know you love to watch me drive the GTP... :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
hahaha. k.

u really are doin dew and soco? cuz you are my hero. my cousin and I clock out handles of soco in a night doing that.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
I throw one of the kids saucer sleds to catch the gas...fits better and it is wider than the regular catch pans. (I wash it off after).

I never bleed off the pressure from the rail, but always unscrew the flare nut side first to bleed off the pressure.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
I'd love to but I've already hit 2 12oz dew and socos.... hence the jokes. :D

Give a man some warning, dude! I'd love to hit a few up with you.... and i know you love to watch me drive the GTP... :rofl:
Hey next time, shot of gin, shot of soco, twist of lemon. Keeps it from being too sugary.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
I throw one of the kids saucer sleds to catch the gas...fits better and it is wider than the regular catch pans. (I wash it off after).

I never bleed off the pressure from the rail, but always unscrew the flare nut side first to bleed off the pressure.
good to know. ill try to pick up a cheap one.

Hey next time, shot of gin, shot of soco, twist of lemon. Keeps it from being too sugary.

that sounds delicious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom