How much is your car insurance 2020

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
So my wife had an issue with her insurance USAA. She made the payment but it didn’t process through their system in time because of their error and USAA canceled it. Told her next week she can call to reinstate and pay an fee and a 5% additional penalty whatever BS. She told them she will leave it canceled. They were charging her $170 a month for her 2012 traverse. I pay $135 for the Camaro and the Colorado combined!

I call my insurance, local agent though American family and add her car to my policy. They quoted me $73 a month! She was pissed that USAA had been charging her almost $100 more a month.

So Once the Camaro is sold I’ll be paying about $155 a month for the truck and her Traverse. I also have condo insurance through them and been with the same insurance agent since I started driving so possibly that is why the difference I’m price from USAA? Who knows...

All this got me thinking am I paying too much or is it cheap?? what is everyone paying for car insurance in 2020?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Think we pay about $3500 a year for full coverage and some extras on 18 Trackhawk, 18 Grand Cherokee and 18 Wrangler. Thats with my daughter being under 25yrs old and her having a speeding ticket. She is now 25yrs old and we thought it would go down some this year. But had over $20k in hail damage on 3 vehicles last year and I backed in to my sons Challenger which I claimed on my policy since it was my fault. So thinking it now might go up this year

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
This is impossible to compare. Your coverage amounts matter and what is covered as well as everyone drives different cars..

You would need to post the entire quote and even then it wouldn't tell you because of driving history...

Get different quotes and my recommendation is go to an agent that can quote you multiple companies rather than an agent that sells one company.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
This is impossible to compare. Your coverage amounts matter and what is covered as well as everyone drives different cars..

You would need to post the entire quote and even then it wouldn't tell you because of driving history...

Get different quotes and my recommendation is go to an agent that can quote you multiple companies rather than an agent that sells one company.

Ok KJ :s00ls:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
$1000/yr for the GTI and CX-5, $0 deductible comp and $500 collision. +emergency roadside and rental reimbursement (50/day/1500max)

Through GEICO...was initially very leery, but so far so good. Have had 2 glass claims, and both have gone very smoothly

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

that makes sense. It would be interesting to know what people are paying in general. I’m just happy at this point she is saving a crap ton of money under my insurance.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

Not to mention I’m now getting raped due to being in a high risk area for hail.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

I hit things on TCG Tour

Insurance.jpg

Insurance 2.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Even more than that. Policy limits, deductible amounts, your credit score, and a lot more go into a quote.

The only way to compare is by having different insurance companies quote your specifics.

But don't ever assume you are getting a good deal. Shop around. Be it car insurance, cable, internet, phone plans, etc. The only person who has your best interest is yourself.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Damn! Even credit score!?! I had no idea soo damn much was factored into insurance plans.

Dude your credit score is used in a lot of ways besides credit. I have heard employers may run your credit score if you are in line to be hired. They probably figure if your score sucks you probably can't manage things well.

Shit, I have been on dates where I was asked my credit score. Or if it was at least over a number. People ain't taking risks out here, son! :haha:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Dude your credit score is used in a lot of ways besides credit. I have heard employers may run your credit score if you are in line to be hired. They probably figure if your score sucks you probably can't manage things well.

Shit, I have been on dates where I was asked my credit score. Or if it was at least over a number. People ain't taking risks out here, son! :haha:

Depending on the job, I can kind of see credit score being a factor...I'd have walked out if a date asked me what my fucking credit score was though...if we're talking about moving in together or sharing some sort of financial transaction, then yeah....

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Depending on the job, I can kind of see credit score being a factor...I'd have walked out if a date asked me what my fucking credit score was though...if we're talking about moving in together or sharing some sort of financial transaction, then yeah....

I kind of chuckled the first time I was asked. I have a good score so I'm not concerned. I mean I kind of get it. I'm kind of glad they think that way. I have dated women that were in it for stability and to have someone support them. And it seems many single women my age bracket have supported low lifes several times. But I did hear on a morning radio show where they were talking about how dates go nowadays. And that credit scores were pretty high in the polling they did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info